ByteBin.net going down

Questions about SolydXK: forum, project, distribution, etc..
Deleted User 2764

ByteBin.net going down

Postby Deleted User 2764 » 02 Jun 2015 22:45

ByteBin.net will be undergoing a site overhaul on 6/6/2015. I'm going to install WordPress on that site. As a result, links I've previously posted here will no longer work. I'll try to update as many as I can after awhile but I won't be able to get them all. If you're looking for something, just go to the main site and search for it.

UPDATE: I've taken down ByteBin.net I haven't got the time to keep the tutorials updated (and many were now outdated). So I decided that it's time to move ahead and take the site down. I can always post tutorials and stuff here in the SolydXK forum if I write more of them. :) I've tried to update links in this forum so that at least folks won't be getting a 404 error. Though I couldn't update my links on some other sites (either they closed the topic as it was old or I no longer have access to the sites). So there'll be some broken links out there for those who google for my tutorials. For that I apologize (can't help that - it's the internet of things. :) )

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: ByteBin.net undergoing overhaul

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 03 Jun 2015 05:40

Thanks.
Let us know when the new site is ready.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Deleted User 2764

Postby Deleted User 2764 » 03 Jun 2015 12:29

Will do. I will be trying to update my posts here and in other forums I've been in (that I've still got an active account in). I can't catch them all though! LOL!

I hope to launch the changes on Saturday.

After doing my "vanity"/art site, (I call it "vanity" because the domain name is my real name :) ) I am finding WordPress much easier to deal with than using my own code.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 03 Jun 2015 12:59

If you're using WooCommerce and planning to add downloadable products, wait with upgrading. Version 2.3.10 has a bug I found out yesterday: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/231 ... ilters-exe

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Deleted User 2764

Postby Deleted User 2764 » 03 Jun 2015 17:08

Thanks for letting me know. I don't plan to use WooCommerce on ByteBin but I do plan for it on my other site. I've bookmarked your post to remind me to wait. Though I don't see myself getting to that point this year.

Deleted User 2764

Postby Deleted User 2764 » 06 Jun 2015 16:31

Due to a personal emergency, I won't be upgrading bytebin.net today. Probably will try throughout the week.

Return to “Non-technical”