persona non grata

Questions about SolydXK: forum, project, distribution, etc..
albert.wagner

persona non grata

Postby albert.wagner » 21 Apr 2018 15:19

I am beginning to believe that I am a persona non grata here. For about a dozen logins now,
my indication that my login should be remembered is ignored and a variety of barriers to my logging
in have been encountered. It isn't enough that I must enter username and password manually each time, but
now my full email address is auto fed into my username slot and will not leave.

Please, either kick me off of the forum or fix my login so that I am automatically recognized.

ilu

Re: persona non grata

Postby ilu » 21 Apr 2018 16:43

I would really appreciate if you wouldn't jump to conclusions (and to accusations) without investigating first. There's two possible reasons for your problems:

1. This forum was just moved to a new domain. So maybe there's still a problem with the forum configuration. But since nobody else reported a similar problem I doubt that this is the cause of your troubles.

2. This forum was just moved to a new domain. So maybe your browser settings still refer to the old domain and need a little correction. Since this was the reason for a similar problem I had this week I'm quite positive that this the cause of your troubles. I don't think I'm able to investigate this without sitting in front of your computer. Maybe somebody else can.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I needed to allow Javascript an cookies in the browser and in the addons I'm using to solve the problem.

sdibaja

Postby sdibaja » 21 Apr 2018 17:11

I had both of those "new domain" problems.
Annoying but no big deal...
I follow a number of forums, similar issues with most of them when they move or update.

off topic rant: The Wordpress blogs and forums are the worst of all, they really suck big time. Hard to read, stupid fonts, light grey text on whit background, huge white spaces for no darn reason. I will not name names but "mint blog" ... almost All of them. When I see a move to Wordpress Blog I try to follow with my feed reader (feedbro), but if not maybe I don't fight it and just disappear.
[end of unreasonable old-man rant]
Peter E

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 21 Apr 2018 18:11

I see you're frustrated but I'm afraid that I didn't single you out to annoy you just for the fun of it. I've tested the site with both FF ESR as FF 59 and found no problems. Did you clear your cache to see if that helps?

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

albert.wagner

Postby albert.wagner » 22 Apr 2018 01:19

Actually, it now seems to be solved, with no changes on my end.

albert.wagner

Postby albert.wagner » 22 Apr 2018 14:10

I missed the memo on domain change.

@Ilu
What was the "little correction" to browser settings that you mention?

ilu

Postby ilu » 22 Apr 2018 14:14

It was allowing javascript and cookies for the new domain, but that depends on the privacy/security settings of your browser and on which addons you have.

Return to “Non-technical”