New review SolydK (Linuxed)

Important informations about SolydXK including releases notes, forum rules and other anouncements
Sewedob

New review SolydK (Linuxed)

Postby Sewedob » 01 Oct 2013 09:48

Arindam Sen just published a review of SolydK, after he did a review of SolydX! (Orbmiser here ya go!)

He installed both versions on his laptop and did his regular work on them for 7 days. Now that's going the extra mile!

Under 'Overall' he says:
"I found SolydK to be as reliable as Linux Mint KDE; plus, SolydK has the advantage of rolling release. With Ubuntu going for a 6 month support cycle for non-LTS release, possibly SolydK is a good option for users who prefer latest packages/applications. If I compare SolydK with other relevant distros: Debian's stable release suffer from antiquated applications after a certain point in time but is fiercely stable. Ubuntu LTS has the same problem as well. Other competing rolling release KDE distros have their own pitfalls like PCLinuxOS takes ages to receive updated packages, Arch requires users to have some good knowledge of Linux basics. I don't have much knowledge of Slackware and hence, can't comment. So, for me SolydK seems to be a better bet than using Debian stable or Ubuntu LTS."

Have a nice read. :D

http://mylinuxexplore.blogspot.nl/2013/ ... ebian.html

douglas

Re: New review SolydK (Linuxed)

Postby douglas » 02 Oct 2013 16:12

Nice

Severnside

Postby Severnside » 03 Oct 2013 21:50

The super friendly helpful forums on Solydxk are another huge plus of using this distro :D I hope that gets said in more reviews.
Solydk 64

Crewp

Postby Crewp » 03 Oct 2013 23:18

good review :D

jsalpha2

Postby jsalpha2 » 04 Oct 2013 13:36

In the review, Simple Menu?
the application launcher style can be changed easily in KDE 4.11
I learned something new. I'll have to try this.

Return to “News & Anouncements”