UP 2014.10.15

Important informations about SolydXK including releases notes, forum rules and other anouncements
Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: UP 2014.10.15

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 26 Dec 2014 08:19

Thanks, I'll remove it from the solydx-system-adjustments package:

Code: Select all

./etc/skel/.config/Thunar/uca.xml:331:    <command>catfish --fileman=thunar --path=%f</command>
leaving:

<command>catfish --path=%f</command>
I've uploaded it to the new repository and it will be available for the community when Jessie becomes stable. I will include it in the next nightly build.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Zill

Postby Zill » 26 Dec 2014 11:21

raivac wrote:...since the last up, catfish ('Search' in thunar) no more recognizes the '--fileman=thunar' parameter used in the 'Configure custom actions'.

removing this parameter solves the problem...
Thanks. I can confirm the same problem here.

Replaced "catfish --fileman=thunar --path=%f" with "catfish %f" and Thunar search is now working properly again. :-)

pascale

Postby pascale » 03 Jan 2015 02:29

Hello and happy new year everyone!

I just fired up a laptop running SolydK-64 which had not been updated since September 2014. So I ran the October update (and whatever other updates had followed since).

Everything went well, my system is now up to date. I just have the following bug:

Upon start-up, a KDE Daemon window asks me for the password to my wireless network, but it doesn't let me enter anything, or close it. To connect to my wireless network, I removed my network in the connection editor so that network manager doesn't recognize it, and then I get the option of entering my password in the panel and connecting to the internet.
If I try and force shut down of the KDE Daemon window, it asks me if I want to terminate KDED4, and then jams my computer.

Any suggestions? I am a newbie so I'll need clear directions.

Pascale

Snap

Postby Snap » 03 Jan 2015 05:07

Ah, the network widget again. Are you sure you fully updated your system? I think the issue is solved now, IIRC. I don't use any network manager myself so I don't remember exactly how to sort it out. When I got the issue I downgraded to the old manager and put on hold the new one and finally just removed it altogether. But as far as I remember the current version works again.

First make sure you have the last version

sudo apt-cache policy plasma-nm
This likely means that your installation is broken. -Mr Pixbuf.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 03 Jan 2015 07:13

I had the problem that it didn't save the password for my wireless connection but solved it like this:
  • left-click on the nm icon.
  • click on the wrench icon in the top right corner.
  • double-click the connection name you want to edit.
  • select the "Wireless Security" tab and fill in the password.
Never had a problem since.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Return to “News & Anouncements”