Community help needed: userbars

Important informations about SolydXK including releases notes, forum rules and other anouncements
Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: Community help needed: userbars

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 12 Jan 2014 14:00

Okay, okay, if Sam is willing to do that, I'll upload the new userbars, and update the userbars thread.
However, I still remember my art academy years, and I wouldn't like that users go changing Sam's userbars just to make them more personal.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

samriggs

Postby samriggs » 12 Jan 2014 14:49

Ah ya know I am willing ;)
it's only a matter of a couple of added text into the same ole bars and saving it as a png.
I'll do it when I wake up if I get enough sleep this time around :lol:
Do you want it to say
solydBO and solydBE ?
BO sounds kind of funky :lol:
I'll check this thread once I awaken from slumbers sleep.
Oh ya the soludk only logo to be at the end of it since it's only kde version?
Or both x and k logos?
Changing my art by others doesn't bother me, that's what's linux is about for me, but to keep it inline with this forum, it would look better if they all matched, I actually incourage others to take my stuff for linux and fork the crap out of it if they want, gives others more choices, that's why I asked if anyone wanted my gimpers files for anything I do just let me know, unless it's for solydxk then ask the founders, it's their baby not mine and anything I do (like logo's and themes for solydxk belongs to them if they want it and they have the say in that, and of course my android stuff, that's my baby :lol:
but anything else fell free to go nuts.
Sam

"Windows, the worst system for too much money, Linux, the best system for free"
SolydK 64bit SolydX 32bit
Registered Linux User #545430

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 12 Jan 2014 15:10

The names are "SolydK BE" and "SolydK BO".
If you can keep it with just the "K" logo, that would be fine.

Okay, if you feel fine with altering your art, that's good. I wouldn't like it very much if that happened on this forum, so that the pages look like a Christmas tree, decorated by three year olds (I have a daughter that age, I know).

SolydXK needs you!

nuts2u

Postby nuts2u » 12 Jan 2014 15:53

Hi,
Schoelje and/or ZZ put your foot down and say" No modifications allowed to the userbars on the SolydXK forum. Modifications are allowed on other distro's forums. Any users violating this policy will be removed from this Forum."

People need and respect firm boundaries. I've noticed that both Schoelje and ZZ are building a carefully crafted "brand" with SolydXK and there are guidelines that need to be enforced, otherwise all your hard work will go into the crapper in short order.

Just my 2 cents.....I'm off the soapbox.

Liberalism is the art of standing on your head,
then telling everyone around you that they're upside-down.

samriggs

Postby samriggs » 12 Jan 2014 18:20

Okay, if you feel fine with altering your art, that's good. I wouldn't like it very much if that happened on this forum, so that the pages look like a Christmas tree, decorated by three year olds (I have a daughter that age, I know).
I agree with this also for forums, nothing worst then going on a forum and seeing stupid gifs blinking while your trying to read a post, or banners that are so huge and bold and multi-colored cause someone wanted to get some sort of message out repeatly, what I was refering to mainly was themes and wallpapers and/or if I ever get into making some software one day for linux unless it's for someone or a company or for a specific distro like this one, then that's different, but wallpapers and themes or even icon packages, gives others more choice to decorate their systems with, if I can help creating that or give something that someone can take and hopefully make better or at least different that someone can use, more power to them.
I like this forum for standing firm on this also, makes it easier to read stuff for these old eyeballs.
I woke up early so while I wait to get tired again, I'll do them up and mail them to you.
Sam

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 12 Jan 2014 19:11

SolydXK needs you!

samriggs

Postby samriggs » 12 Jan 2014 19:15

No problem, glad to help out.
oops sent the wrong grey size for "User", it has a longer grey area to fill in that area of black more, I mailed you the correct sizes, sorry about that.
Sam

ane champenois

Postby ane champenois » 24 Jan 2014 22:53

@ Samriggs: I just want to thank you (sorry for beeing late :oops: ) for this great work about userbars 8-)

And thanks too for all the others who have proposed userbars or their help. ;)
They did not know it was impossible so they did it.

Return to “News & Anouncements”