A question on Breeze Dark X theme? [Closed]

New to SolydXK? This is the place to start.
Please check the other subforums to see if there's a more suitable place for your question.
harishkumar

A question on Breeze Dark X theme? [Closed]

Postby harishkumar » 19 Jul 2017 11:10

Hi,
I downloaded the wall papers and Breeze Dark theme from SolydX repository directly.
installed the Breeze-X and Breeze-Dark-X theme in Linux Mint 18.1 and find the theme is working in all the places except for Pulse Audio Volume Control Settings?
Does the theme require any specific GTK version? I am in GTK 3.18 [that ships with Linux Mint 18.1]
If I can make this work in this machine it will be great. Any help will be great.

thanks,
harishkumar

Schoelje
Site Admin

Re: A question on Breeze Dark X theme?

Postby Schoelje » 19 Jul 2017 12:02

I created these packages for SolydX and were never intended to be used on another distribution.
That said, these are the dependencies:
gtk2-engines-pixbuf
libc6 (>=2.4)
libgcc1 (>=1:3.0)
libqt5core5a (>=5.7.0)
libstdc++6 (>=4.1.1)

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

harishkumar

Postby harishkumar » 19 Jul 2017 13:36

hi,

I am downloading solydx now. will let you know how it goes.
Excellent Wall Papers and Breeze Modified Theme is just awesome. I so want it I am downloading an entire ISO for it.
Will definitely let you know how is my usage experience once I download and install.

thanks,
harish pathangay

harishkumar

Postby harishkumar » 20 Jul 2017 08:44

hi,
downloaded, installed in a vbox.
so far loving it. amazing theme, amazing wall papers. what can I say SolydX is solid...rock solid... sharing my following inputs

1->
but I do not understand why samba needs to be in service startup? I never use it, so disabled the service. use cases differ. but why as a default choice?
2->
only input would be it takes a little more RAM than a typical XFCE distribution [Debian/Ubuntu].
3->
I am from Ubuntu - I used a Additional Drivers App for configuring some additional drivers. how to get that app ? is it required ? or is that feature available in welcome screen ? need to check that up. but after install every thing is working fine. not sure should I check for any additional drivers like that.

Very good so far in virtual box.

thanks,
harish pathangay

ilu

Postby ilu » 20 Jul 2017 14:04

1. SolydXK is aimed at working out of the box for people new to Linux. Somebody in a Microsoft world might have problems to understand how to get samba to work. For you it's easy to switch it off.

2. Check for clamav - again directed at Microsoft users - you can disable it if you don't need it.

3. We had a very good app like that (mainly for grafic drivers) but sadly there's only one person able to develop and he did not have enough time to make the necessary changes for stretch. It's FOSS though, so if you would like to pick it up ... :D https://github.com/SolydXK/device-driver-manager

harishkumar

Re: A question on Breeze Dark X theme? [Closed]

Postby harishkumar » 21 Jul 2017 12:51

thank you for pointers. treat thread closed.

Return to “Newbie Questions”