synaptic not working after update

New to SolydXK? This is the place to start.
Please check the other subforums to see if there's a more suitable place for your question.
ccbarrow

synaptic not working after update

Postby ccbarrow » 02 Feb 2019 22:02

Hi all, and thanks for having this n00b into the group..
Also, my problem is that after I successfully installed solydk on my box, after running the update, I can no longer access the synaptic package manager via the menu shortcut. I now have to use konsole and run it as "sudo synaptic"? Anyone familiar with what I may have done to cause this?

kurotsugi

Re: synaptic not working after update

Postby kurotsugi » 03 Feb 2019 06:00

it should be synaptic-pkexec or something like that. as a workaround you can either edit your menu or create a custom launcher for it

ccbarrow

Re: synaptic not working after update

Postby ccbarrow » 03 Feb 2019 20:04

kurotsugi wrote:
03 Feb 2019 06:00
it should be synaptic-pkexec or something like that. as a workaround you can either edit your menu or create a custom launcher for it
Fixed itself upon reboot, but thanks for the reply! Weird to me, but as I stated... I'm a complete n00b. Getting much better though. I will copy/paste your reply, just in case it happens again.
Advice for any other noobs, newbs, or n00bs such as myself. When in doubt, 1) Don't panic, that is the kernel's job. AND 2) Don't forget to reboot whenever an upgrade or addition is made to your OS.
Seriously embarrassed here. Heh. LOL.

Return to “Newbie Questions”