exclude application from "window buttons" panel plugin

Questions specific to the Xfce DE go here
blert

exclude application from "window buttons" panel plugin

Postby blert » 13 Nov 2014 14:59

Is there a way to exclude a specific application from the "Window Buttons" panel plugin?
If so, please enlighten me. Thanks.

J.Jay

Re: exclude application from "window buttons" panel plugin

Postby J.Jay » 18 Nov 2014 01:58

Not as far as I know
BUT
You can get the effect by using virtual 'desktops' 8-) Just set the window buttons to show only running apps on curent desktop, and run the one you want hidden from list on a different desktop (I use a 'Bckgrnd' and switch back to your normal desk ;)
You can either run the app after switching to a bckgrnd (or whatever you want to call it) or move it (if using wrap desktops) or use 'context menu to move to a specific desk.
I believe (Can't recall comand modifer :roll: ) you can change the launcher (or menu entry) to do it automatic(?)

P.S. I normally have 3 virtual 'desktops' a Main Desk, AUX Desk, and a Bckgrnd with a 'window pager (workspace switcher ppanel plugin) with 3 rows showing the desk name (untick 'show miniture view) defined in workspaces settings.

Hope helps
J.Jay

One of the best features of linux when switched from 'MSWin XP' way back (in a erlier time and place) :D

blert

Re: exclude application from "window buttons" panel plugin

Postby blert » 20 Nov 2014 03:06

Hey, thanks for the reply!
I thought I might have to go that route as all the research I have done says what I want to do is not supported (but there is an old request for it). Heh, mayhaps I might crack open the code myself and see what I can see. LOL, two kids, a wife and a house... if I could just squeeze some more time out of the day.

Return to “Xfce specific (SolydX)”