solved: Just installed solydx9 iso no updates nor bluetooth

Questions specific to the Xfce DE go here
Albert

solved: Just installed solydx9 iso no updates nor bluetooth

Postby Albert » 21 Jul 2017 19:28

I just installed solydx9 from iso. The updates during the install failed. Can I update with the installed distro or must I wait and install again later. Also, no bluetooth running for my wireless mouse.

ilu

Re: Just installed solydx9 iso no updates nor bluetooth

Postby ilu » 22 Jul 2017 21:13

You can update later.

Regarding bluetooth: Please report the output of

Code: Select all

dpkg -l blue*
. Are you using a USB dongle to connect your mouse?

Albert

Re: Just installed solydx9 iso no updates nor bluetooth

Postby Albert » 23 Jul 2017 01:50

Thank you, ilu. I had already installed blue* and everything worked fine. Just thought someone might want to know. I never had to do that before. Also, the next day a bunch of updates showed up and installed. So I am cool. However, there was one minor glitch:
On bootup I receive the following popup:

Configured directory for incoming files does not exist

Please make sure that directory "/home/butch/Downloads" exists or configure it with blueman-services
I had no such directory, nor do I know what blueman-services is. The easy workaround is to add the empty directory.

ilu

Re: solved: Just installed solydx9 iso no updates nor bluetooth

Postby ilu » 23 Jul 2017 14:37

blueman-services is a graphical dialog for configuring local bluetooth services.
~/Downloads should be part of every install, I'm wondering where yours went? It's configured to be used as standard directory for every program which downloads anything, f.e. the browser. If you created it, all should be fine.

It seems that schoelje left out the bluez packages this time. In my very old SolydX install some bluez packages where installed so bluetooth might have worked out of the box:

dpkg -l *blue*
ii  bluez                          5.23-2+b1            amd64                Bluetooth tools and daemons
un  bluez-alsa                     <none>               <none>               (no description available)
un  bluez-audio                    <none>               <none>               (no description available)
ii  bluez-cups                     5.23-2+b1            amd64                Bluetooth printer driver for CUPS
ii  bluez-firmware                 1.2-3                all                  Firmware for Bluetooth devices
un  bluez-input                    <none>               <none>               (no description available)
un  bluez-network                  <none>               <none>               (no description available)
un  bluez-serial                   <none>               <none>               (no description available)
un  bluez-utils                    <none>               <none>               (no description available)
un  kdebluetooth                   <none>               <none>               (no description available)
ii  libbluetooth3:amd64            5.23-2+b1            amd64                Library to use the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth stack
ii  libbluetooth3:i386             5.23-2+b1            i386                 Library to use the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth stack
ii  libgnome-bluetooth11           3.8.1-3              amd64                GNOME Bluetooth tools - support library

kurotsugi

Re: solved: Just installed solydx9 iso no updates nor bluetooth

Postby kurotsugi » 24 Jul 2017 00:59

aside from the existence, you might want to check the owner and permission too. sometimes it can't read the destination because permission issues.

Return to “Xfce specific (SolydX)”