Desktop style ruined (fixed)

Questions specific to the Xfce DE go here
Deleted User 2859

Desktop style ruined (fixed)

Postby Deleted User 2859 » 20 Apr 2019 15:38

I need a little help, should take a minute of your time. I wanted to apply a different color to the desktop style Beeze-Dark-X but I messed up the style. I'm now using a different style because I was doing something I didn't understand.

I just need the original/default code text to fix the style, I only need a specific part. The following attachment is a screenshot of my mistake and what you need to find. The code text is located in /usr/share/themes/Breeze-Dark-X/gtk-2.0/gtkrc. I'll be more careful next time :oops:

UPDATE: I reinstalled the files I messed with, it seems it fixed Breeze-Dark-X.
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-04-20_18-35-22.png
Screenshot_2019-04-20_18-35-22.png (63.86 KiB) Viewed 356 times

xendistar

Re: Desktop style ruined (fixed)

Postby xendistar » 21 Apr 2019 20:42

There is nothing wrong with making a mistake, it how we learn. It is more important to learn what you did wrong and how you can prevent it next time. Your lesson to learn here is to have a copy of the file you are editing, that can be either from a copy of the file that you make before editing it or a copy that you have from a backup, thus if you mess up you can simply replace the file back to what it was.

Deleted User 2859

Re: Desktop style ruined (fixed)

Postby Deleted User 2859 » 21 Apr 2019 21:06

xendistar wrote:
21 Apr 2019 20:42
There is nothing wrong with making a mistake, it how we learn. It is more important to learn what you did wrong and how you can prevent it next time. Your lesson to learn here is to have a copy of the file you are editing, that can be either from a copy of the file that you make before editing it or a copy that you have from a backup, thus if you mess up you can simply replace the file back to what it was.
You're right, thanks for pointing this out.

Return to “Xfce specific (SolydX)”