Strange window placement

Questions specific to the Xfce DE go here
toothandnail

Strange window placement

Postby toothandnail » 19 Jul 2013 19:09

I've used Xfce for a long time. And never seen this one before....

Normally, when I open a window (be it a terminal or a GUI), I expect it to start left/top of screen unless it is small enough to start in the centre of the screen. Next large(ish) window will start right/bottom, so that they either don't overlap at all or overlap only marginally.

Under SolydX I'm seeing something different. If the screen is clear and I start a window (can be an email client or a terminal, doesn't seem to matter what it is), the first window will start right/top of screen. Subsequent windows will follow the normal rules and offset so as to minimise overlap.

Is this normal under SolydX, or have I got something strange in my user profile? I'm intending to test by creating a new user and seeing if I get the same behaviour, but I'm in Arch at the moment, so it'll be a little while before I can do that.

Does anyone know how to reset this behaviour? I'd rather have the older positioning if I can....

Paul.

CjTX2

Re: Strange window placement

Postby CjTX2 » 19 Jul 2013 19:43

Not sure if this will help you, but check out menu: /Settings/Window Manager Tweaks/Placement. :)

Building new machine named Garfield II & still using an old T42 Thinkpad that's old and slow, but just keeps on going and going . . . sorta like me! :lol:

toothandnail

Re: Strange window placement

Postby toothandnail » 21 Jul 2013 03:45

CjTX2 wrote:Not sure if this will help you, but check out menu: /Settings/Window Manager Tweaks/Placement. :)
:) One of the first things I tried. I suspect I've got something messed up in my user profile - I've just installed SolydX onto an HP desktop - no problems with window placement there. I'll have to try creating a new user and seeing if the problem persists.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Paul.

Return to “Xfce specific (SolydX)”