KDESudo error during install

Questions specific to the KDE DE go here
Fargo

KDESudo error during install

Postby Fargo » 08 Apr 2017 03:39

I just did a fresh install of SolydK8 201701. During the install I got an error popup box that said some thing about kdesudo not found. Does anyone else get this. I tried it twice with the same results. I hate to send the system out the door with my father in law if I just did a faulty install that is going to give him issues.

Fargo

Re: KDESudo error during install

Postby Fargo » 10 Apr 2017 15:11

UPDATE;
I did another install with the internet disabled. During that install I never got the warning. However, I was informed that the system would not be localized, so that was a bummer. But at least I know my install doesn't have errors. The sudo error must be something to do with updating the software during the install.

Also I wonder if the wallpaper folders are still not quit right. Some wallpaper packages installed through Synaptic never showed up in the wallpaper. Just an FYI if another SolydK8 iso is realeased.

srq2625

Postby srq2625 » 10 Apr 2017 18:45

Fargo wrote:I just did a fresh install of SolydK8 201701. During the install I got an error popup box that said some thing about kdesudo not found. Does anyone else get this. I tried it twice with the same results. I hate to send the system out the door with my father in law if I just did a faulty install that is going to give him issues.

Yep - I got this error message dialog as well. I just closed it and let the install proceed. As far as I can tell, the install is running sweet right now. But, since it now appears to NOT be a one-off, I think I'll try a quick install on another partition, saving the install log to text file for Arjen to take a closer look at - maybe tonight.....
Just Scott

Remember that life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away!
-- Vicki Corona (Tahitian Choreographies, 1989)

srq2625

Postby srq2625 » 10 Apr 2017 23:07

OK, so I just completed a fresh install of K_8 201701 on bare metal. Part way through (I've marked the spot in the attached transcript, look for "<-----Error occurred here") and a capture of the error dialog. The dialog popped up very near this location. Looking at the transcript, I can't find an error message but I'm pretty new to this game.
K_Installation_Error_Dialog.jpg
K_Installation_Error_Dialog.jpg (9.02 KiB) Viewed 721 times
Attachments
K_install_output.txt
(91.84 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Just Scott

Fargo

Postby Fargo » 11 Apr 2017 03:29

Yep thats the popup I had too. Your better than me though. I didn't know you could print up a transcript of the install. Thats a lot of pages to look through. Yet somehow I saw your note in all of that stuff in the middle of page 25.

I did not see any errors either though. (Apart from some local errors at the very beginning). What I did see though was that the live user password changed about 20 lines before you saw the error. Maybe that password change caused the issue.

I was thinking the error maybe had something to do with the online updating. I never got the error when I disconnected the internet.

srq2625

Postby srq2625 » 11 Apr 2017 10:59

Knowing about the ability to get the transcript was from work I did here a couple of years ago....

I've sent a PM to Schoelje - he'll get to it as and when he has the time and the motivation. Right now, his focus seems to (very appropriately) be on getting the distro ready form stretch.
Just Scott

xendistar

Postby xendistar » 11 Apr 2017 20:48

Fargo wrote:Yep thats the popup I had too. Your better than me though. I didn't know you could print up a transcript of the install. Thats a lot of pages to look through. Yet somehow I saw your note in all of that stuff in the middle of page 25.

<snip>

I never knew you could get a transcript of the install until a week or so ago when I had problems with installing solydX-ee, it is quite easy when you know how, just boot from the DVD or USB stick to the live install, then run open a terminal and run live-installer and it will run the install via the terminal which outputs all the info as seen in srq2625 post then you can copy and paste out afterwards.

Very useful really

Return to “KDE specific (SolydK)”