Sub-menu icons don't "stick" {fixed}

Questions specific to the KDE DE go here
JSladek

Sub-menu icons don't "stick" {fixed}

Postby JSladek » 22 Sep 2017 17:37

I am using the Application version of the Menu launcher in SolydK-9 and have my items in a tree structure through the use of sub-menus. My overall system theme is SolydK Dark, Desktop theme is Oxygen and Icon theme is Breeze Dark.

When I build my menu tree, I put icons at the sub-menu as well as the applications. I find that after I save and close down the editor, the sub-menu icons are all replaced by a "default" triad icon (three square dots in a triangular configuration) EXCEPT FOR the sub-menu icon for Settings which was originally a first level Menu title that I relocated to the position of a sub-menu under System.

I also tried to delete all of the sub-menu icons with the empty icon selection including the Settings icon, but after I went through the saving process, the "default" triad icons returned as did the icon for the sub-menu Settings.

Icons for any application under any of the sub-menus "stick".

Anybody have any ideas on what will make the "non-system" sub-menu icons "stick"?

JSladek

Re: Sub-menu icons don't "stick"

Postby JSladek » 09 Oct 2017 19:34

There may be an easier way, but I ended up going into /home/xxx/.local/share/desktop-directories and editing each of the directory files changing "Icon" from the default "package" to the name of the icon of choice for that directory. A tedious process to say the least, but it worked. Too bad it couldn't be done through the Menu Editor.

Return to “KDE specific (SolydK)”