Sound, touchpad and network drive

Questions specific to the KDE DE go here
Mr_India

Sound, touchpad and network drive

Postby Mr_India » 03 Sep 2013 05:38

Hi all,

I have a clean install of SolydK 201308 with no swap partition, and this laptop is used for production. Overall everything works fine except few minor glitches.

1. There is no mounted network drive icon on the desktop or in places side panel of dolphin (like in other DE). It is affecting my productivity a lot as there are 30 odd system running on windows and on linux in our office network. And if I close dolphin, I have to type the name or ip to connect them again.

2. Touchpad on my laptop works fine. I have configured one finger and two finger tapping. But when I put my laptop to sleep, and then wake up, tapping does not work and either I have to reconfigure tapping or reboot to make it work.

3. Sound also works. But scrolling on the speaker icon on the panel or volume keys on the keyboard only shows the value increasing/decreasing without actually affecting the volume. When I play audio using amarok, scrolling on amarok icon on the panel will increase/decrease volume. If i play music online (like grooveshark, gaana, soundcloud etc.) using firefox, then i have to click on the speaker icon and then use appropriate slide to adjust the volume.

Can someone please help me to solve/workaround these issues.
Thanks in advance.
GB

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: Sound, touchpad and network drive

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 07 Sep 2013 12:40

My apologies for my late reply.

I cannot reproduce your first issue: my NAS is listed under "devices" in Dolphin's left panel.
How do you mount your network drives (fstab, or different)?

I cannot help you with the other two issues, I'm afraid. They are hardware specific, and I don't have the hardware to verify or test this.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Mr_India

Postby Mr_India » 07 Sep 2013 15:35

Thanks for the reply.

First, after googling a lot I have found a work around. I am using smb to mount the network drive. I have bookmarked ( show in Places) all the required folder and drives in Dolphin, so now I can access the easily them with a single click.

Second, I did trial and error method and selected appropriate master in mixer. Now scrolling on the volume icon and keyboard keys works as expected.

Only tapping issue still persists. Tapping simply goes off if I put my laptop to sleep and wake up. Is there any way to make the default? Please let me know if you require any information.

I really apologize for not posting the findings earlier.

Edit: Typos

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 07 Sep 2013 15:48

I'm glad you at least have solved 2 out of the 3 issues.
If you solve the last one, don't forget to post that here. ;)

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Return to “KDE specific (SolydK)”