KDE panel transparency gone

Questions specific to the KDE DE go here
vito49

KDE panel transparency gone

Postby vito49 » 20 Sep 2013 14:20

Hello, I have my first problems :(
I logged out to check if a few changed settings in the desktop animation would do what they are made for, and the screen went black with nothing more than the mouse pointer. There was no way to shut down the PC, I could only do it the hard way: using the power switch. After I restarted everything seemed to be OK except for the transparency of the panel, it was gone, no transparency any more. Whatever I did like changing themes and fine tuning these themes I did not find a solution. Google offered me a dozen of suggestions but nothing worked, my panel has now no transparency the way it was after installation of SolydK ... and I did like it how it was at first.

Anyone an idea what could have happened?
Don't worry if the solution only can't be done by manually editing some set up files, I think I can handle that.

Thanks

BTW: sorry for my bad English ...
Vito
Gnu/Linux user #547905 from Aarschot/Belgium
using SolydXK with KDE
on a 6 yo Fujitsu Siemens desktop (2.8 GHz / 2 GB ram)

odo5435

Re: KDE panel transparency gone

Postby odo5435 » 20 Sep 2013 14:47

Unfortunately, I can't help you with your problem but i would like to point out that in these forums you don't need to, nor should you ever again, apologise for for using a second language.

You can be absolutely certain that your English is far, far better than my Flemish. Just the fact that you can communicate in two languages puts you one place above a lot of other members here - myself included. After using these forums for a while you'll quickly realise you are not the only member from a non-English speaking background so you are not alone.

Don't apologise for using a language that is not native to you, be proud of it!!

(Hopefully, someone that can help you with your problem will be along soon. :D )

"I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody."
Lily Tomlin

kyodev

Re: KDE panel transparency gone

Postby kyodev » 20 Sep 2013 15:46

vito49 wrote:and the screen went black with nothing more than the mouse pointer. There was no way to shut down
I had the same problem with a fresh install, but not the timme to search. normally, you can obtain a console with shortcut Ctrl+Alt+F1. ou log and use reboot command. perhaps plymouth to desactive?
except for the transparency of the panel
to obtain the first settings (as creation user), I'm not sure, but I should do:

Code: Select all

#backup
mv ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals.bak
cp  /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals  ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals
sudo chown yourUser  ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals
BTW: sorry for my bad English ...
me too ;)

Return to “KDE specific (SolydK)”