Dolphin and shared folder(s)

Questions specific to the KDE DE go here
Nomen Nescio

Dolphin and shared folder(s)

Postby Nomen Nescio » 01 May 2014 12:02

As far as I can remember both on SolydK and SolydKBE I could share a folder directly with Dolphin (File->properties->share).

Because of issues with updatemanager I installed both Wheezy and (reinstalled) SolydKBE. In Wheezy I couldn't get this to work, but also in SolydKBE it seems not to work anymore. Has it to do with Samba updates/versions?

Some more info. When I tried to share a folder 'Public' in /home/$USER/ I see a shared home folder with smb4k or smbtree but not the 'Public' directory itself. After some time or rebooting the 'Public' folder isn't shared at all (at least the shared emblem on the folder is gone) and it won't show up anymore in smb4k or smbtree.

Googled around but didn't find a clue yet.

On the other hand, learned a lot this week with respect to Debian and compiling/using checkinstall so CDEmu is now in the systemtray and Audex is nicely working...

Nomen Nescio

Re: Dolphin and shared folder(s)

Postby Nomen Nescio » 02 May 2014 18:24

Just checked the Dolphin shared folder issue also at the parents rig, and here no problems if I share a folder with Dolphin. It directly shows up under Network/Samba/Workgroup/hostname. but:

Code: Select all

sudo pdbedit -L
shows

Code: Select all

nobody:65534:nobody
$user:1000:$USER
mint:4294967295:mint
which is probably the solydxkbe secret...

Return to “KDE specific (SolydK)”