Slideshow as wallpaper with ugly pictures

Questions specific to the KDE DE go here
SolydForEver

Slideshow as wallpaper with ugly pictures

Postby SolydForEver » 23 Jun 2016 04:56

Hi all,

I'm using KDE 4.14.2 on the SolydK distro and on one of my virtual desktops I have a slideshow setup as wallpaper. The desktop is in folder layout.
I've got a folder with excellent pictures, all 1920x1080 and razorblade sharp. However when the pictures are shown in the slideshow they look like 320x200 pictures enlarged to full screen.
Sometimes pictures are shown as they should be shown, I even saw pictures appearing badly and then suddenly becoming good as if they are written again.
As attachments you see what I mean: one picture is all blurry (wallpaper) and one is sharp (original picture)
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot1.png
Who can tell me what causes this and is anything to be done about this?
Thanks

Zill

Re: Slideshow as wallpaper with ugly pictures

Postby Zill » 23 Jun 2016 11:07

This sounds to me like it could be related to KDE Bug 338506 and a few suggested workarounds are made in the resulting comments.

However, as I run XFCE - where the wallpaper displays fine - I regret that I cannot really help any further with this problem.

SolydForEver

Re: Slideshow as wallpaper with ugly pictures

Postby SolydForEver » 23 Jun 2016 16:21

Zill wrote:This sounds to me like it could be related to KDE Bug 338506 and a few suggested workarounds are made in the resulting comments.

However, as I run XFCE - where the wallpaper displays fine - I regret that I cannot really help any further with this problem.
Hi Zill,
It says in the opening thread that this is not happening in Plasma 4 (and others) and since I have Plasma 4 I guess this is not for me. I have tried to find the file they are talking about but I don't have the path which is mentioned. I do have 37 main.qml files though.
Tried to choose another setting in the wallpaper settings but a few pictures are okay and then the fun starts again. When I have 1920x1080 pictures and my screen has the same resolution which setting do I need to choose:
scales and cropped, scaled, scaled and keep proportions, centered, tiled, centered tiled?
I would think there would be a size 1:1 choice but it is not there.
Love KDE but as somebody on one of the pages mentioned in your answer said: this makes it look plain ugly.
Also wrote in the KDE forums about this problem but till now no answer at all.

Thanks for writing and trying to help. Just didn't work.

Return to “KDE specific (SolydK)”