if i try to install solydxk now will it upgrade me to 9 before the install finishes?

Questions about SolydX and SolydK installation.
LizziAS

if i try to install solydxk now will it upgrade me to 9 before the install finishes?

Postby LizziAS » 19 Jun 2017 12:42

i mean since the repos for debian are all on stretch now....

i mean it's been updating the system for a while now and isn't moving quickly...

installing.png

LizziAS

Re: if i try to install solydxk now will it upgrade me to 9 before the install finishes?

Postby LizziAS » 19 Jun 2017 13:31

Ok, got past that...

IS this safe to install?

Code: Select all

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  solydx-info
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  gnome-accessibility-themes gnome-themes-standard gnome-themes-standard-data
  libjsoncpp0 solydx-system-adjustments-8
The following packages will be upgraded:
  firefox-esr solydx-system-adjustments
2 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/52.3 MB of archives.
After this operation, 12.0 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

ilu

Re: if i try to install solydxk now will it upgrade me to 9 before the install finishes?

Postby ilu » 19 Jun 2017 17:40

Which ISO of SolydXK are you trying to install? If you use an older SolydXK8 image then updates will take some time depending on your internet connection. With the latest SolydXK9 images it will most probably take long as well, since there were a lot of updates recently. Grizzler will build new images when the dust has settled ...

Also Debian stretch repos point to stretch, debian jessie repos still point to jessie ... so there will be no cross-updating.

SolydForEver

Postby SolydForEver » 19 Jun 2017 19:54

Is there (or will there be) an update process from SolydXK Jessie to SolydXK Stretch? I thought since KDE changes from KDE4 to KDE5 Plasma this is not possible, the differences are too huge. It is a completely different system.

kurotsugi

Postby kurotsugi » 20 Jun 2017 02:19

IS this safe to install?
I'm assuming that the system already installed. then, yes. it's save to install them. though, you might want to reinstall solydx-info after the update.
Is there (or will there be) an update process from SolydXK Jessie to SolydXK Stretch? I thought since KDE changes from KDE4 to KDE5 Plasma this is not possible, the differences are too huge. It is a completely different system.
yes, there'll be one. if you're on vanilla debian you can jump into stretch now but if you're on solydk you'll need to wait until the team sorted out the update process.

the update process will be magically handled by both debian and solydxk team so you can expect a smooth transition between jessie and stretch.

Return to “Installation”