install solyd XK XFCE deb

Questions about SolydX and SolydK installation.
jibelito

install solyd XK XFCE deb

Postby jibelito » 04 Jul 2018 11:38

Hello, good morning,
It's first try for me, I'm a newbie here sorry ; My question after, my start the DVD-live of solydXK ....I have read that :idea: :

Code: Select all

No partition table was found on this hardisk !
 Do you want the installer to create a set of partitions for you ? Yes or No ?
 Nota: This will erase all data in this disk !
Whaou ! I'm very surprise like this ! Never I take the risk for erase my other OSs... :?:
This is my doubt because, I have in my disk 2 OSs installed with 2 partitions for every OS ..If I click on Yes at start install soldyXK they other OSs installed confirm the place not erase it one by one, just for one partition created for solyd ?? I would like to keep my 2 other OSs that's all ..
many thanks for your help for to be sure to install it perfectly ... see u soon :?: :?
I have 4 H.D external. or internal with 11operating systems ... 1 W$ 7 :cry: that all... :D

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: install solyd XK XFCE deb

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 04 Jul 2018 12:49

Could you post back the output of the following command:

sudo parted -l
Have you tried to continue when you hit the "No" button?

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

jibelito

Postby jibelito » 04 Jul 2018 13:08

Arjen Balfoort wrote:
04 Jul 2018 12:49

sudo parted -l
OK thanks for your answer, first one, I go back to the hard-disk where I would like install solydXK, I tipping this command & final I tell you when I have the choice between Yes or NO ;) If I click on Yes may be it's possible to start the install , if with a good luck with a step for opening gparted where is my two OSs partitions & created myself a partition for solydXK see u soon 8-)
I have 4 H.D external. or internal with 11operating systems ... 1 W$ 7 :cry: that all... :D

jibelito

Postby jibelito » 04 Jul 2018 14:43

@Arjen balfoort,
Here is the right partition on my disk when I want install solydX :

Modèle: ST1000DM 003-9YN162 (scsi)
Disque /dev/sda : 1000GB
Taille des secteurs (logiques/physiques): 512B/512B
Table de partitions : msdos
Disk Flags: 

Numéro  Début   Fin     Taille  Type      Système de fichiers  Fanions
 1      4193kB  1000GB  1000GB  extended
 8      4194kB  69,3GB  69,3GB  logical   ext3
 9      69,3GB  139GB   70,0GB  logical   ext3
 6      139GB   209GB   69,8GB  logical   ext4
 7      209GB   279GB   70,0GB  logical   ext4                 démarrage
 5      990GB   1000GB  9999MB  logical   linux-swap(v1)

root@jibel-MS-7728:/home/jibel#

Well, well, on this I have two partitions on ext 4 and two partitions on ext3. The place for solydX are on first partition ext3 or the other one now, I don't have click on YES or NO because I think ! If I click on YES ? or on NO ? ? What's arrive ??
sorry for my question, but I would like to install or not on my disk close to with two OSs installed , many thanks again :D

jibelito

Postby jibelito » 04 Jul 2018 14:48

jibelito wrote:
04 Jul 2018 13:08
Arjen Balfoort wrote:
04 Jul 2018 12:49

sudo parted -l
OK thanks for your answer, first one, I go back to the hard-disk where I would like install solydXK, I tipping this command & final I tell you when I have the choice between Yes or NO ;) If I click on Yes may be it's possible to start the install , if with a good luck with a step for opening gparted where is my two OSs partitions & created myself a partition for solydXK see u soon

"password for jibel: 
Model: ATA ST2000DM001-1CH1 (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 2000GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/4096B
Partition Table: msdos
Disk Flags: 

Number  Start   End     Size    Type      File system     Flags
 2      3733MB  2000GB  1997GB  extended
 8      3733MB  91.7GB  88.0GB  logical   ext4            boot
 6      100GB   176GB   75.6GB  logical   ext4
 7      200GB   337GB   137GB   logical   ext4
 9      337GB   430GB   92.6GB  logical   ext4
 5      1991GB  2000GB  9437MB  logical   linux-swap(v1)  "
Here is the result of command , for 4 Oss installed where I want install a other OS Solyd Xfce or on the disk with two OSs installed, posted after (correction) sorry 8-)

jibelito

Postby jibelito » 05 Jul 2018 09:53

Hello,
( I precise my english it's not correct this is the reason why I have a doubt for install)
I waiting a answer about my question for install it ? With the message I waiting if I click or not on YES /NO for the choice partition created not erase my other OSs installed on my hardisk ? Thank you for your answer 8-)

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 05 Jul 2018 10:52

Click No and you will be able to continue until you need to select the partition where you want to install SolydXK. If no partitions are listed you need to cancel the installation.

You also haven't provided the output of the parted command, yet. That would perhaps help me to understand what's going on with your system.

SolydXK needs you!

jibelito

Postby jibelito » 05 Jul 2018 11:15

Arjen Balfoort wrote:
05 Jul 2018 10:52
Click No and you will be able to continue until you need to select the partition where you want to install SolydXK. If no partitions are listed you need to cancel the installation.

You also haven't provided the output of the parted command, yet. That would perhaps help me to understand what's going on with your system.

Thank you ! I try like this , but before please looking for my post at 04 /07/ 2018 at +/- 4PM43 you see the result with your command recommended sudo parted -l in this result, I have 4 partitions two with ext.3 and two with ext4 in ext4 twice I have two OSs installed
I want install solyd on any one ext.3 :D

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 05 Jul 2018 12:33

I see you don't have a primary partition but only an extended partition. I think that confuses the installer. I've never tested that so I cannot guarantee a good outcome when installing.

SolydXK needs you!

jibelito

Postby jibelito » 05 Jul 2018 12:58

Arjen Balfoort wrote:
05 Jul 2018 12:33
I see you don't have a primary partition but only an extended partition. I think that confuses the installer. I've never tested that so I cannot guarantee a good outcome when installing.

Whaou! it's incredible look my screenshoot ! it's the most catastrophic install, I'm obliged to reinstall my two OSs installed :mrgreen: Why ?? because when I follow the installer system ...your's ! :o I click on YES, I have a respones immediately " failure with...etc etc " OK for me & I click on NO superb , fantastic error..I follow all , my namae, my passwd etc etc we arrive on gparted for see what?? My screenshoot, how it's possible to destroy my own OSs installed ...All are to go the trash :mrgreen: I'm furious, very furious , It's the first time ! never I have a trouble like this , I'm sorry but your OS solyd is definitively push to the trash...
/home/jibel/Images/Capture d’écran_2018-07-05_14-40-58.png

jibelito

Postby jibelito » 05 Jul 2018 13:08

jibelito wrote:
05 Jul 2018 12:58
Arjen Balfoort wrote:
05 Jul 2018 12:33

Whaou! it's incredible please ! look my screenshoot ! it's the most catastrophic install, I'm obliged to reinstall my two OSs installed :mrgreen: Why ?? because when I follow the installer system ...your's ! I think that confuses the installer! Ho yeah !. :o I click on YES, I have a responds immediately

" failure with...etc etc " 
OK for me & I click on NO Vlan ! ! ! superb , fantastic error.. I follow all , my name, my passwd, I arrive on gparted for see what?? My screenshoot, how it's possible to destroy my own OSs installed ...All are to go the trash :mrgreen: I'm furious, very furious , It's the first time ! never I have a trouble like this , I'm sorry but your OS solyd is definitively push to the trash...
http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=18/27/w036.png

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 05 Jul 2018 13:17

I'm sorry to hear that. I've recreated your setup with only an extended partition and I had that message but could continue without a problem.

SolydXK needs you!

Return to “Installation”