Old distrib info in /etc & lsb_release

Questions about SolydX and SolydK installation.
koczis

Old distrib info in /etc & lsb_release

Postby koczis » 29 Oct 2019 13:09

Hello All,

this is just a minor question - nothing important.

I recently started considering upgrading my SolydX/Debian from 9 to 10.
After a quick query through my sys info files I found that my initial SolydX-8 installation (2016) is still there.
Shouldn't it be already many times updated by "deb https://repository.solydxk.com solydxk-9" ?

Best regards,
/koczis

ilu

Re: Old distrib info in /etc & lsb_release

Postby ilu » 29 Oct 2019 15:11

You have to be more specific: What exactly is still there? Which sys info files? Of course you can have several installations side-by-side and they won't vanish on their own. But that's probably not what you meant ...

koczis

Postby koczis » 29 Oct 2019 15:25

No, I have a sole installation.
I mean e.g. everything mentioned here: https://linuxconfig.org/check-what-debi ... nux-system
I can give exact values when I'm back at home.

koczis

Postby koczis » 30 Oct 2019 11:59

Code: Select all

koczis@kocntt ~ $ cat /etc/issue
SolydX 8 64-bit \n \l

koczis@kocntt ~ $ cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="SolydX 8 64-bit"
ID=SolydXK
NAME=solydxk
VERSION_ID=8
VERSION=8
ANSI_COLOR="1;31"
HOME_URL="https://www.solydxk.com/"
SUPPORT_URL="https://forums.solydxk.com/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://forums.solydxk.com/"

koczis@kocntt ~ $ hostnamectl
   Static hostname: kocntt
         Icon name: computer-laptop
           Chassis: laptop
        Machine ID: 14d3ac7a4eb8d6e534bd1c4650ebd65d
           Boot ID: a3d11813605649d789f04992dcd994ef
  Operating System: SolydX 8 64-bit
            Kernel: Linux 4.9.0-11-amd64
      Architecture: x86-64

koczis@kocntt ~ $ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	SolydXK
Description:	SolydX 8 64-bit
Release:	8
Codename:	solydxk

koczis@kocntt ~ $ cat /etc/debian_version
You can see Debian version updated, but SolydX still at 8.

BUT ...wait! I probably know what's going on. I have weird troubles with 'solydx-system-adjustments-8' package.

koczis

Postby koczis » 30 Oct 2019 12:15

When I try installing 'solydx-system-adjustments-9' or removing 'solydx-system-adjustments-8' I keep getting a 'dpkg-divert' error telling about some "do" filename not being absolute. I'd like to paste the output, but 1st I need to force 'apt' talk English - again weird because "apt --help" talks English, whereas "apt install" talks Polish.
BTW: 'solydx-system-adjustments-8' seems to depend solely on 'solydxk-mozilla-evolvere-icon-theme', whereas 'solydx-system-adjustments-9' on whole bunch of stuff, which isn't exactly necessary for me and some of it I explicitly dislike, like 'pulseaudio'. I remember directly uninstalling this one - could 'apt' then revert back to 'solydx-system-adjustments-8'?

All in all - it seems now, that the severity of this matter increased significantly... at least for me ;)

ilu

Postby ilu » 30 Oct 2019 13:02

That's a past update gone (partly) wrong. solydx-system-adjustments-8 should not be there. We've had threads about this kind of mixup but strangely I can't find them - actually Arjen is more qualified to help you with it. Please wait with updating until he has time to assist you in fixing this.

Preceding terminal commands with env LC_ALL=C should turn the output into english.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 30 Oct 2019 13:12

Here's a user who had a similar problem with solydk-system-adjustments-8.
You only need to replace solydk with solydx:

viewtopic.php?p=70311#p70311

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

koczis

Postby koczis » 30 Oct 2019 15:30

@ilu: I was probably going to throw something similar into my console's env, but thanks for confirming it.
@Arjen: you did it on purpose, right? :? ;)

But Ok, I went all the way back to grandma Peng's topic and have following afterthoughts:
- grandma Peng appears to be more versed in Debian packaging than me :oops: :roll:
- reading 4 pages worth of adventures of busy impatient Christian hoplite leaves me with goose bumps and spiky hair :o :shock: :?:
- they have some common troubles together, but mine seems different - the mentioned "do filename not being absolute"
(please wait for console output)

...TIMEO DANAOS...

Nevertheless, some packaging hacks'n'slashes are described there and I'm certainly going to try them. At least will try to pinpoint the abusing command in the package.

Thanks for your help, will get back to you after I have something - looks like I'll need a couple of hours by mine laptop.

Εδώ είναι Σπάρτη!!! :mrgreen:

koczis

Postby koczis » 30 Oct 2019 23:04

Ye know? I wanted to paste the English error log, but it appears to be... impossible.
So, here's the Google translation:

koczis@kocntt ~ $ apt purge solydx-system-adjustments-8
Reading package lists ... Done
Building a dependency tree
Reading status information ... Ready
The following packages will be removed:
   solydx-system-adjustments-8 *
0 updated, 0 newly installed, 1 removed and 0 not updated.
After this operation, 8159 KB of disk space will be freed.
Continue? [Y/n] Y
(Reading database ... 234262 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing the solydx-system-adjustments-8 (2.7.5) package ...
dpkg-divert: error: the file name "do" is not absolute

Please use --help for help on skipping files.
dpkg: processing error of solydx-system-adjustments-8 (--remove):
  subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error code 2
Errors occurred during processing:
  solydx-system-8-adjustments
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
(I edited it slightly)

BUT after setting LC_ALL=C in my env everything went just great!:

koczis@kocntt ~ $ export LC_ALL=C
koczis@kocntt ~ $ apt purge solydx-system-adjustments-8
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  solydx-system-adjustments-8*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 8159 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
(Reading database ... 234262 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing solydx-system-adjustments-8 (2.7.5) ...
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/contents/images/1280x1024.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/contents/images/1280x1024.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/contents/images/1280x1024.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/contents/images/1280x1024.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/contents/images/1920x1080.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/contents/images/1920x1080.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/Lines/contents/screenshot.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/Lines/contents/screenshot.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/contents/images/1920x1080.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/contents/images/1920x1080.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/contents/images/1280x800.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/contents/images/1280x800.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/Lines/contents/images/1280x1024.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/Lines/contents/images/1280x1024.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/contents/screenshot.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/contents/screenshot.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/contents/images/1600x1200.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/contents/images/1600x1200.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/Lines/contents/images/1600x1200.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/Lines/contents/images/1600x1200.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/contents/images/1600x1200.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/contents/images/1600x1200.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/Lines/contents/images/1920x1080.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/Lines/contents/images/1920x1080.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/contents/images/1024x768.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/contents/images/1024x768.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/Lines/contents/images/2560x1080.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/Lines/contents/images/2560x1080.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/contents/images/1280x800.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/contents/images/1280x800.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/contents/images/1920x1200.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/contents/images/1920x1200.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/metadata.desktop to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/metadata.desktop.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/contents/screenshot.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/contents/screenshot.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/contents/images/1366x768.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/contents/images/1366x768.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/contents/images/1024x768.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy/contents/images/1024x768.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/Lines/metadata.desktop to /usr/share/wallpapers/Lines/metadata.desktop.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/Lines/contents/images/1024x768.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/Lines/contents/images/1024x768.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/Lines/contents/images/1920x1200.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/Lines/contents/images/1920x1200.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/metadata.desktop to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/metadata.desktop.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/contents/images/1366x768.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/contents/images/1366x768.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/contents/images/1920x1200.png to /usr/share/wallpapers/joy_inksplat/contents/images/1920x1200.png.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/xfce4/backdrops/xfce/xfce-blue.jpg to /usr/share/xfce4/backdrops/xfce/xfce-blue.jpg.divert by solydx-system-adjustments-8'
Processing triggers for solydxk-system (3.5.5) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.60) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.23-1) ...
Processing triggers for fontconfig (2.11.0-6.7+b1) ...
(Reading database ... 233772 files and directories currently installed.)
Purging configuration files for solydx-system-adjustments-8 (2.7.5) ...
dpkg: warning: while removing solydx-system-adjustments-8, directory '/usr/share/xfce4/backdrops' not empty so not removed
I assume the last warning isn't that much important and that in overall there's a localization/i18n bug in 'solydx-system-adjustments-8'.
Perhaps in other too?

Return to “Installation”