On initial boot and for some short time following, the grub screen was high-resolution, SolydXK colors and with the "K" logo. Sometime yesterday during the late afternoon (approx 2100 UTC) on a reboot I was welcomed by an ugly, low-resolution, white on blue grub screen. Still functional, but UGLY.
I want my pretty SolydXK grub screen back!
What i know I've done during and after the install:
- During installation, added the Jessie back-ports
- I've not installed from anywhere but the "normal" repos - nothing from backports or anywhere else
- I've run the update manager as and when indicated - once, maybe twice...
- I've done some searches here and on google looking for anything that might start to address the change. Found one topic from 2014 of a user who wanted to keep everything but the logo (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4041). That didn't seem to address the issue, especially as some of the folders indicated in Schoelje's scripts are not present on my machine - no big surprise, it's been almost 3 years since that thread.
- Found this and made the small change to the grub file and re-booted. No change to the grub screen (no big surprise) so I reversed the change.
Code: Select all
scott@sager:~$ inxi -Fzxxxr System: Host: sager Kernel: 3.16.0-4-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 4.8.4) Desktop: KDE 4.14.2 (Qt 4.8.6) info: plasma-desktop dm: lightdm Distro: SolydXK 8 solydxk Machine: Mobo: Notebook model: W65_67SZ Bios: American Megatrends v: 1.03.05RLS1 date: 03/13/2014 CPU: Quad core Intel Core i7-4710MQ (-HT-MCP-) cache: 6144 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx) bmips: 19953 Clock Speeds: 1: 2554 MHz 2: 2500 MHz 3: 2989 MHz 4: 2500 MHz 5: 2491 MHz 6: 2500 MHz 7: 2500 MHz 8: 2500 MHz Graphics: Card: Intel 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller bus-ID: 00:02.0 chip-ID: 8086:0416 Display Server: X.Org 1.16.4 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: firstname.lastname@example.org GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Haswell Mobile GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.3.2 Direct Rendering: Yes Audio: Card-1 Intel 8 Series/C220 Series High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:1b.0 chip-ID: 8086:8c20 Card-2 Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor HD Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:03.0 chip-ID: 8086:0c0c Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k3.16.0-4-amd64 Network: Card-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver: r8169 v: 2.3LK-NAPI port: e000 bus-ID: 05:00.2 chip-ID: 10ec:8168 IF: eth1 state: down mac: <filter> Card-2: Intel Wireless 7260 driver: iwlwifi v: in-tree: bus-ID: 04:00.0 chip-ID: 8086:08b1 IF: wlan0 state: up mac: <filter> Drives: HDD Total Size: 128.0GB (23.6% used) ID-1: /dev/sda model: Samsung_SSD_850 size: 128.0GB serial: S1SMNWAF714948J Partition: ID-1: / size: 19G used: 5.0G (29%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda2 ID-2: /home size: 92G used: 16G (18%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda4 ID-3: swap-1 size: 8.59GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda1 Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 49.0C mobo: N/A Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A Repos: Active apt sources in file: /etc/apt/sources.list deb http://repository.solydxk.com/ solydxk-8 main upstream import deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian jessie main contrib non-free deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ jessie-backports main contrib non-free Info: Processes: 226 Uptime: 6 min Memory: 1495.3/16010.5MB Init: systemd v: 215 runlevel: 5 default: 2 Gcc sys: 4.9.2 alt: 4.8 Client: Shell (bash 4.3.301 running in konsole) inxi: 2.1.28 scott@sager:~$