How to save panels before upgrading to SoydX-9

Questions about SolydX and SolydK installation.
Matt

How to save panels before upgrading to SoydX-9

Postby Matt » 02 Feb 2018 13:09

Hello,

Before upgrading from SolydX-8 to SoyldX-9, is it possible to save all the panels (backup) from ver_8 and then restore them all into ver_9?

I have set a good number of shortcuts and links on my panels and it would be a pain to reconfigure them all.

Thank you for your advice on this.

Matt

ilu

Re: How to save panels before upgrading to SoydX-9

Postby ilu » 02 Feb 2018 15:10

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "panel" but you should backup the hidden content of your /home directory, that is all directories and files starting with a dot, and /home/.../Desktop. The xfce config is under ~/.config/xfce4 but just in case you need anything else backup the rest too. Additionally a backup of /etc can't hurt.

Matt

Postby Matt » 05 Feb 2018 11:42

Many thanks Ilu and sorry for my late reply.

As for "panel" I mean the task barre where the menu, the clock and all useful icons are placed. I have added my own with quite many shortcuts to files and scripts. So, instead of redoing it all after a system update, I was thinking about backing the panels up and then restore them all in the new version of SolydX...

So, thank you for your advice. I will give it a try.

Matt

kurotsugi

Postby kurotsugi » 06 Feb 2018 05:03

if you're doing a direct update (i.e: no reinstall). you didn't need to save the config files. the prefered way is having separated /home partition so that you didn't have to reconfigure everything on update/reinstall.

Return to “Installation”