How to find a SolydXK Printer ( this is one way )

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals.
In the Original Post please also include the output of inxi -Fzx
Redraw

How to find a SolydXK Printer ( this is one way )

Postby Redraw » 31 Aug 2017 05:48

I don't know if this in the correct place , if it needs it just move to the place thanks

I was having all sorts of problems with
HP Photosmart 5520 all-in one , print OK good , scanner no way had to live boot another distro just for scanning
Brother HL1110 no driver and lost the receipt
This one way of finding the printer and or printer scanner

THis
goto the shop retail website that you want to get printer from , load up list of all printer or anything , now while that is on screen bring up the setting up printer and for every printer that's interesting check if there is a driver
at this point you should have a pen and paper OK
tick what has and what hasn't of the ones you want
now goto
the sane site and do the same again for scanners obviously a second row of check boxes on paper
you will find the list not very long of printer and scanner drivers with what the shop stocks check price is good and go.

that's how I made my list today and it saved a lot of going back to shop and no hassle trying out at home if it would work and returning it , My list had 6 different printer scanners with printer drivers and only one with scanner driver , tough decision HUH , it works and thats all it needs to .

The Machine purchased
Epson Workforce WF-2630 it is an all in , it can print copy scan , tested out worked out da box no problem at all , have not Yet tried wireless and fax not that I use or need those two features .
and if you want to and have old printer and or scanner still working but not on Solyd give them away to some mob that could use the gear and and use cough windows cough , better ther landfill .

Hope this some one

Return to “Hardware”