cd/dvd drive not working

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals.
In the Original Post please also include the output of inxi -Fzx
cowboyup02

cd/dvd drive not working

Postby cowboyup02 » 08 Dec 2013 02:21

I can't seem to get the cd/dvd drive on my System76 pangolin performance to work under Solydx with latest updates. I installed the 3rd party codex at install but still nothing. the system is updated to the latest update pack. Any help would be wonderful. :|

toothandnail

Re: cd/dvd drive not working

Postby toothandnail » 08 Dec 2013 02:52

Depends on what you mean "not working". If you mean that optical media is not appearing on the desktop and mounting, that is a bug that has been mentioned a few times - looks like a bug in Debian testing.

There are a few workarounds until its gets fixed properly. The one that has worked for me on several machines is here:

http://forums.solydxk.nl/viewtopic.php? ... unt#p19899

If you mean something else, you'll need to provide a few more details :)

Paul.

cowboyup02

Postby cowboyup02 » 08 Dec 2013 03:01

toothandnail wrote:Depends on what you mean "not working". If you mean that optical media is not appearing on the desktop and mounting, that is a bug that has been mentioned a few times - looks like a bug in Debian testing.

There are a few workarounds until its gets fixed properly. The one that has worked for me on several machines is here:

http://forums.solydxk.nl/viewtopic.php? ... unt#p19899

If you mean something else, you'll need to provide a few more details :)

Paul.
Guess I should have been a little more clear. :D When inserting a cd/dvd I get nothing, no mounting, no playing, nothing. no media on the desktop either. Okay so looks like a bug then? Thanks!

toothandnail

Postby toothandnail » 08 Dec 2013 03:09

:) Yes, that's the one....

As I mentioned, the workaround in the post I listed has fixed it on four SolydX installations.

Open the settings menu, select Sessions and Startup, select the Application Autostart tab, click the Add button. Call the new command whatever you like, then add this to the command dialog:

Code: Select all

udisks --enumerate &; exit
Hopefully should fix it until upstream does the job properly....

Paul.

Return to “Hardware”