LAMP Server

Talking about SolydXK, another distribution or totally off-topic but within the Rules ? It's the right place!
Foggy

LAMP Server

Postby Foggy » 06 Feb 2018 20:59

An odd one you may be able to help me with.

On my Acer laptop I have dual boot set up, with SolydK as my main platform, and solydx as the other option. I work in the "K" area all the time and can install a LAMP server no problems.

When I switch to "X" Apache2 refuses to install, either via terminal (sudo apt-get install apache2) or with synaptic.
Turning off the firewall makes no difference.

I switched to another laptop (HP) with a clean install of SolydK and the same problem appears.

Any suggestions on where the problem may lie?

Foggy

Re: LAMP Server

Postby Foggy » 07 Feb 2018 04:11

Good news. I reinstalled solydk on the HP machine and the LAMP server installed without difficulty. I don't know what caused my problem, maybe my faulty technique.

ilu

Postby ilu » 07 Feb 2018 15:40

If you want to run servers on SolydXK you have to make sure that the corresponding /tmp directories are physically present on your harddisk. Some of the older ISOs moved vast parts of /tmp into RAM which is convenient for desktop use and good for older SSDs but I've heard before that apache doesn't like it. Since SSDs got better I think the newest ISO doesn't do that anymore but I haven't checked.

Schoelje
Site Admin

Postby Schoelje » 07 Feb 2018 17:18

solydxk-system creates /var/log/apache2, /var/log/mysql and some other log directories on every boot if they do not exist.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Return to “Open Chat / General Discussion”