Freenode IRC Support Channel

Talking about SolydXK, another distribution or totally off-topic but within the Rules ? It's the right place!
diogenes_

Freenode IRC Support Channel

Postby diogenes_ » 20 Jul 2018 09:12

Hello awesome SolydXK community!

First of all i want to thank you for the great effort that you put into the developement of SolydXK, excellent distro! I would like to make it more popular, thus, i looked for a Freenode IRC Support Channel for SolydXK where i could join and help with the support but, there was none, so i decided to create one, the channel name is ##solydxk-linux on freenode, the topic for the channel is: "This is unofficial SolydXK linux distribution support channel. SolydXK is a debian based linux distribution, for more details, visit the official website: http://solydxk.com".
It would be great If anyone wants to join the channel or, if you decide to create an official one, i would join it with a great pleasure.

Thanks!

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: Freenode IRC Support Channel

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 20 Jul 2018 10:02

First of all, thank you for your interest in and effort you want to commit to SolydXK.

I think it was back in 2014 when I decided to discontinue the SolydXK IRC nodes. I prefer to have a single point of entry for the community. A central place where people come for support or help others. I also think that it is important to have a searchable support forum and IRC does not support that. As a developer I found Github and Transifex was better suited for the task than IRC. So, there was no need for support or developers IRC nodes.

I want to thank you again but I would prefer not to scatter support and keep this forum as a central point for anybody with questions about SolydXK.

Best regards,
Arjen Balfoort

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

diogenes_

Re: Freenode IRC Support Channel

Postby diogenes_ » 20 Jul 2018 12:09

Thank you for you kind reply,

I understand.

Best regards,
Nicolas

Return to “Open Chat / General Discussion”