Something Strange !!

Talking about SolydXK, another distribution or totally off-topic but within the Rules ? It's the right place!
TheBlackPig

Something Strange !!

Postby TheBlackPig » 08 Aug 2013 10:59

I have had a strange experience with SolydXK. I installed the XFCE version a couple of days ago and XFCE wasn't behaving as I thought it should. Now of course it could have been a bad download so I downloaded the KDE version.
Did a fresh install and KDE ran perfectly so using the synaptic I installed XFCE and now XFCE is running as it should.Is this possibly a bug or just a bad download ?

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: Something Strange !!

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 08 Aug 2013 11:18

TheBlackPig wrote:I have had a strange experience with SolydXK. I installed the XFCE version a couple of days ago and XFCE wasn't behaving as I thought it should. Now of course it could have been a bad download so I downloaded the KDE version.
Did a fresh install and KDE ran perfectly so using the synaptic I installed XFCE and now XFCE is running as it should.Is this possibly a bug or just a bad download ?
...or bad karma, bad hair day, badminton? ;)

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

ane champenois

Postby ane champenois » 09 Aug 2013 07:34

Schoelje wrote: ...or bad karma, bad hair day, badminton? ;)
:lol: :lol:
They did not know it was impossible so they did it.

computergeek1234

Postby computergeek1234 » 05 Sep 2013 22:45

sounds like it. btw did you download 32 bit or 64 bit. if 64 bit try using the 32 bit version. 32 will run on 64 bit processor . also verify the md5 code .

jcoleman

Postby jcoleman » 06 Sep 2013 06:49

oh yea.............never happens to me - stink'in ones and zeroes - how hard is that?? :? :?
They wanted to call the town Range, Colorado, bought the letters, etc and then found out there already was a Range, Colorado. Solution: reverse the name and problem solved - Egnar!

Crewp

Postby Crewp » 06 Sep 2013 23:46

That is strange :shock:

Return to “Open Chat / General Discussion”