Goodbye! and an explanation...

Talking about SolydXK, another distribution or totally off-topic but within the Rules ? It's the right place!
zerozero

Goodbye! and an explanation...

Postby zerozero » 27 Nov 2014 04:54

about one week ago i informed SolydXK's Team my intentions to cease my activities in SolydXK.

with this message i want to make that decision official.

i have a chronic medical condition (for longer than i want to remember) and in the last year or so both its effects and the needed medication have visibly made a mark in my life.
6 months ago my father was diagnosed with a terminal condition.

moreso since april (but already visible before) i was having great difficulties coping with SolydXK's demands;
and above all my troubled personal life was interfering with my forum presence (sorry to anyone i was rude to, specially Arjen that in several occasions had to deal with me) and that was something i couldn't allow to happen.

when Arjen informed me of his plans, i couldn't find in me the energies that the moment requires, and thought (and think) that i need to leave;

zerozero needs to find his internal peace before he can of any use again.
love you all; this forum (and this distro as well!) are one fine achievement.
cherish it!
bliss of ignorance

Orbmiser

Re: Goodbye! and an explanation...

Postby Orbmiser » 27 Nov 2014 05:13

Totally understand about declining health and family issues. And you Will Be Sorely Missed!
You are a Great Asset to the SolydXK family and only wish you the best going forward.

Almost a Deja Vu like happenings with first the Debian Community and Now SolydXK family.
That's the way Life sometimes spits out the situations and can only accept and move forward.

Have a fulfilling Life and may there still be some measure of Peace & Happiness left for you!
I Will Miss You! :(

Portfolio
http://500px.com/Orbmiser
Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/

SolydK - Kernel 3.16-2-amd64 - KDE 4.14.1 Update Pack: 2014.10.15

dyfi

Postby dyfi » 27 Nov 2014 06:40

Thank you ZZ for your help with my minor problems running SolydX. Nothing in life stays the same forever and as humans we must all accept that change is inevitable. This is just one of those times. I wish you all the best for the future and know that your forum input will be sorely missed.

just

Postby just » 27 Nov 2014 07:00

Schoelje is the heart, zerozero is the soul of the distro. How to continue without the heart and the soul? What a sad Christmas... Good luck for you both and your relatives.

fleabus

Postby fleabus » 27 Nov 2014 07:32

I have a chronic ailment myself, so I know something of declining health and burnout. I felt your absence, and hoped you were ok! Dear zerozero, You are an amazing person. You quite literally taught me nearly everything I know about Debian and Linux. Please find that inner peace. Be with your loved ones, for they are all we really have. I hope I'll see you around out there some time some place. You mean an awful lot to many of us. You made this such a wonderful place to come, with your kindness and your patience. Such forbearance as you have shown us is a rare thing out here in these times. Aloha, Ciao, and I ain't no good at this.
zerozero wrote:love you all; this forum (and this distro as well!) are one fine achievement.
cherish it!
You and Arjen have poured your hearts and souls into it. Cherish it we will; it is a labor of love.

Most of all Ami, we will cherish you.

Kindest regards, and fond hopes that you feel better in the coming months.

-- Dave

Snap

Postby Snap » 27 Nov 2014 07:33

So sorry for your personal situation, and sorry about the loss of a key part in our community. Huge thanks for all your contribution, constant help and generosity. We've learnt a damn whole lot from you. I wish you the best in the future for you and your relatives. Hope you find your internal peace soon.
This likely means that your installation is broken. -Mr Pixbuf.

Snap

Postby Snap » 27 Nov 2014 07:36

You mean an awful lot to many of us.
It can be said louder, but not clearer.
This likely means that your installation is broken. -Mr Pixbuf.

grizzler

Postby grizzler » 27 Nov 2014 07:41

Take care, Amadeu. Your contributions will be missed, but your health and well-being should always come first.
Frank

SolydX EE 64 - tracking Debian Testing

Rocky

Postby Rocky » 27 Nov 2014 11:53

zerozero,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties and I honestly hope that you can find peace. I know from personal experience how things can "get on top of you". Look after yourself and keep close to your family.
"All that glisters is not gold" - Shakespeare "The Merchant of Venice"

Zill

Postby Zill » 27 Nov 2014 12:31

Amadeu: Creating SolydXK was a great achievement for you and Arjen that you should both be very proud of. Your help to users in this forum, together with your support on the Mint forums, was invaluable to many of us and will be long remembered.

Accordingly, you will be greatly missed here but I fully understand your reasons for pulling back from SolydXK. I do sincerely hope that your personal life improves and that you can regain some happiness.

With the greatest thanks for all your efforts, you have my very best wishes.

Roger

mhwelsh

Postby mhwelsh » 27 Nov 2014 12:51

Very sorry to hear of your impending departure I have thoroughly enjoyed your input and wisdom.

Good luck for the future.

I had an aneurism repaired in 2000 and had a serious stroke in 2006 - just remember "don't let the bastards get you down!"

Good luck,

martin welsh

tacos40

Postby tacos40 » 27 Nov 2014 14:29

Hello ZZ ...
You are an amazing person
<--- Yes, I agree with that!

I'm yet new to this forum, but i've read enough... more than enough... to know you are a worthful person...!
I'm very sorry for your circumstances; and sad for this forum without you.

I wish the best for you

duped

Postby duped » 27 Nov 2014 14:48

I wish all the best to you. Your insights and and help will be dearly missed.

palimmo

Postby palimmo » 27 Nov 2014 18:02

All the best, zerozero. Thank you very much for your time spent helping us and growing this distro.
Since I read some of your posts on the Linux Mint Forum years ago, I've found a precious assistance in the Linux world.
Take care!
Proud user of SolydK!

Dai diamanti non nasce niente, dal letame nascono i fior. http://aquilone.wordpress.com/

rokytnji

Postby rokytnji » 27 Nov 2014 18:05

Happy Trails ZZ. Heal well. Heal Strong.

timber

Postby timber » 27 Nov 2014 19:17

Amadeu: (Zerozero my friend)
Thank you for all you have done in being such a great part of what SolydXK is. (and LMDE also)
You have been a wonderful teacher, most helpful forum(s) member, wise soul, great mentor and skilled developer throughout the years.
Your presence here will be truly missed but do rejoice in your achievements for they are great and have helped many!
Thanks for the many times you have saved me from newbie dispair ... and laughed along with us as we recognise our mistakes and blatant errors.

We wish you and yours well and hope to see you when we can, Thanks for all that you do. :mrgreen:
You will be missed here ... by many.

With Best Regards and Best Wishes,

Dave
(aka timber)

p.s.
zerozero needs to find his internal peace before he can of any use again.
love you all; this forum (and this distro as well!) are one fine achievement.
cherish it!
... May you find your internal peace, recover in health and be most proud of your achievements.
timber

Samsung R580-M430 @ 2.27GHz - 8 GB RAM
Geforce 310M w/ nvidia-driver
SolydX/SolydM - Kernel 3.14-2-amd64 - Update Pack: 2014.07.15
SolydK - Kernel 3.14-2-amd64 - Update Pack: 2014.07.15
SolydKBE - Kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64 - LTS Update Pack: 2014.07.15

Deleted User 2764

Postby Deleted User 2764 » 27 Nov 2014 21:53

I just now read this. So sad to hear! I wish you all the best and a great deal of healing for you and the best for your family too.

I am disabled with a chronic health problem (lifelong) and work part-time. So I know all to well what it's like to find that one can't continue a project. Been there and done that more times than I can count, sometimes after I have become a little well-known in a community. Goodbyes are sad. But the health benefits pay off in the end since you will have less stress and more time to concentrate on your own needs.

With Schoelje scaling back dramatically and you leaving, some of us are considering stepping up. Even given my health and projects (work, ByteBin and now Solyd), I will try to keep my life concentrating on those 3 things and my health as well. I think I can do it. At least I'll try. I'm trying to learn how to make ISOs today.

If any of us can help, even if a little bit, I'm sure we'll do the best we can for as long as we're able. Thank you, zerozero and Schoelje too for the best distro out there and for keeping it going as long as you could. This gives us a jumping off point for us to hopefully continue on from, and keep it going. You guys started something. Hopefully now the community has established enough to help continue it and make it grow. :)

Zerozero - I wish you all the best and hope you can improve your health and quality of life in some way. We'll miss you here, and your help and advice.

Andrew

Postby Andrew » 28 Nov 2014 01:42

So sad to hear this news Amadeu. Your input to the distro & community has been outstanding. I can only wish you the very best for the future & hope your health doesn't deteriorate any more, So all the best mate, & I'm sure every member here will agree with me when I say we would love to see you drop in & post in the forum when you can.
Desktop: 64bit 2.6gHz dualcore 2G RAM - SolydK HE
Laptop: Dell D630 Latitude; 64bit 2gHz dualcore 2G RAM - SolydK BE

Deleted User 2764

Postby Deleted User 2764 » 28 Nov 2014 01:49

Andrew wrote:I'm sure every member here will agree with me when I say we would love to see you drop in & post in the forum when you can.
I certainly 1,000% agree! 8-)

samriggs

Postby samriggs » 28 Nov 2014 01:52

Hey Zero
sorry to hear about your condition, never knew you had that, I'll keep you in my prayers, you been good to me since back in the mint days.
I hope to still see you around the odd time and if you need anything at all you know my email, please email if you need anything at all ok. (I mean that bud)
Sam

"Windows, the worst system for too much money, Linux, the best system for free"
SolydK 64bit SolydX 32bit
Registered Linux User #545430

Return to “Open Chat / General Discussion”