Goodbye! and an explanation...

Talking about SolydXK, another distribution or totally off-topic but within the Rules ? It's the right place!
Snap

Re: Goodbye! and an explanation...

Postby Snap » 28 Nov 2014 06:36

RavenLX wrote:
Andrew wrote:I'm sure every member here will agree with me when I say we would love to see you drop in & post in the forum when you can.
I certainly 1,000% agree! 8-)
Another +1000
This likely means that your installation is broken. -Mr Pixbuf.

eselma

Postby eselma » 29 Nov 2014 13:22

Amadeu: Creating SolydXK was a great achievement for you and Arjen that you should both be very proud of.
This is my opinion, too. You have been (as said before) the soul of this forum, teaching us a lot about GNU/Linux, and helping everybody, with a lot of really useful posts.

Myself I have a chronic health impairment (CFS), limiting my work ability and crippling a bit my real will; so I can understand quite well how you feel.

In one word: Thanks, obrigado.

Night Wing

Postby Night Wing » 30 Nov 2014 03:46

Sorry to read about your situation. I hope things turn around for you in a positive. I appreciated all the help you gave a novice linux user like me in the SolydX environment. You'll definitely be missed.

dbVU

Postby dbVU » 01 Dec 2014 16:38

I hope things turn out well for you and you get some rest. I followed you here from LMDE. A big reason I'm here is due to your helpful posts. Thank you for all your contributions over the years.

Dave

Fargo

Postby Fargo » 01 Dec 2014 20:08

It can't be said enough, so I'll say it again. Thank you Zerozero for all the work you have done at SolydXK. Your presence here will be greatly missed.

I hope I'm not violating forum rules when I say that I hope and pray you will find the peace you are looking for. In your search for peace, consider the Peace that comes from Jesus Christ who's birth is celebrated every December 25th. I'm only a PM away if you ever want to talk.

ulusu

Postby ulusu » 01 Dec 2014 20:52

Dear zerozero
Thank you so much for all the the most interesting discursions about Solyd in particular and Linux in general. For me you are a reference in the linux world.

I wish you all the best.

Kind regards,
ulusu

Mac OS X Mavericks, Kubuntu 14.04 LTS, SolydK64_201407, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.1 pro

Deleted User 2763

Postby Deleted User 2763 » 03 Dec 2014 03:57

zerozero,
Thanks for all of your hardwork.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
-Hinto

klinglerware

Postby klinglerware » 03 Dec 2014 14:58

zerozero,

Thank you so much for your great work on Solyd. Your day to day contributions were obviously significant and they will be missed. However, I am glad that you are making the needed prioritizations in your life.

Best of luck.

kbd

Postby kbd » 04 Dec 2014 17:46

Thanks zerozero for your work in Linux, not just here but across the community.
Prayers for you and your family.
Best Wishes.

matt267

Postby matt267 » 08 Dec 2014 17:38

I'm just seeing this now.

ZZ, as others have said, you will be missed. I learned a lot from your posts here and on LM. You have helped me out with a few issue back in the LMDE days and I thank you for that. I wish you and your family the best.

Chris M

Postby Chris M » 24 Jan 2015 14:25

fleabus wrote:You quite literally taught me nearly everything I know about Debian and Linux. Please find that inner peace. Be with your loved ones, for they are all we really have. I hope I'll see you around out there some time some place. You mean an awful lot to many of us. You made this such a wonderful place to come, with your kindness and your patience. Such forbearance as you have shown us is a rare thing out here in these times. Aloha, Ciao, and I ain't no good at this.
I just saw this last weekend, and I could not have said it any better. For all those folks who cut their Debian teeth on LMDE and here at SolydXK, I'd venture to say that most obtained a great deal of their knowledge from zz. But it wasn't just your instructions. I have never run across a more generous person in Linux. Many thanks, and all the best.

mockturtl

Postby mockturtl » 11 Feb 2015 07:05

ZZ! I was just wondering what you're up to. :lol:

I hope everything is well. Best wishes.

tzirconia

Postby tzirconia » 15 Feb 2015 21:52

Thank you for all you have contributed to this community, and best wishes for your future.
Cheers,
tzirconia

Return to “Open Chat / General Discussion”