need to change email address

Talking about SolydXK, another distribution or totally off-topic but within the Rules ? It's the right place!
Albert

need to change email address

Postby Albert » 16 Sep 2017 23:11

I've changed email providers. But, the password I have recorded does not match the one SolydXK has recorded. There does not seem to be an "I forgot" procedure.

ilu

Re: need to change email address

Postby ilu » 17 Sep 2017 12:12

On the login window there's a link in the lower right corner "forgot my password".

Edit: Uh now the link's gone.

Edit: There it is again. - Strange.

Albert

Postby Albert » 17 Sep 2017 14:26

Exactly where is the login window? I seem to be always logged in when I come to this forum.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 17 Sep 2017 14:50

Click on the drop-down with your account name at the top-right of this forum and select logout.
Then you should be able to select "forgot my password".
If you have problems you can always send me a PM with your old and new account information and I'll fix it for you.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Albert

Postby Albert » 17 Sep 2017 15:34

I have received a new password. However, If I logoff and then try to login the old password is apparently present (it's much longer than my new one). I must then replace it in the form with the new password. Thunderbird then pops up a window asking if I want to keep the new password. I reply yes. But the old password is always prefilled in the login box. So, if you could please change my old address to my new address.
To: albert.wagner@mail.com

I have forgotten where it was that I tried to change my address.

Albert

Postby Albert » 17 Sep 2017 16:16

In UserControlPanel,EditAccountSettings any attempt to enter Password, ConfirmPassword or CurrentPassword presents a dropdown list of UserName or OldEmail or NewEmail and thereby preventing the insertion of a password.

Albert

Postby Albert » 17 Sep 2017 16:47

I think it finallly done. Although I don't know what I did. Maybe Arjen did it.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 17 Sep 2017 16:47

I haven't done a thing, yet. Do you want me to change anything now?

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Albert

Postby Albert » 17 Sep 2017 16:52

No, thank you. Notification of your message reached me with the appropriate email address. And I have logged on with the appropriate address and password. I'm good to go. Thanks again.

Albert

Postby Albert » 17 Sep 2017 17:01

Oops. There is still a problem with the login. It presents the wrong password. I know that, so it is no problem. I just override it with the correct password. But it is going to give someone else fits.

ilu

Postby ilu » 19 Sep 2017 14:23

Albert wrote:Oops. There is still a problem with the login. It presents the wrong password. I know that, so it is no problem. I just override it with the correct password. But it is going to give someone else fits.
If "it" presents the wrong password, that's your browser or wherever else you stored your password. The browser sould offer you to overwrite it. "someone else" should not be having fits, because it's your password and not someone elses?

Return to “Open Chat / General Discussion”