Should SolydK BE have its own support heading in forums

Questions specific to SolydK Business Edition
Fargo

Should SolydK BE have its own support heading in forums

Postby Fargo » 13 Jan 2014 16:45

Looking under the 'Support' section of the forums I see entries for XFCE, KDE, and Back Office. But no entry for the Business Edition. Should SolydK BE have its own support heading in forums? I see pros and cons.

For the most part I think SolydK BE issues will be able to be handled in the KDE section. By keeping the BE under the KDE section it also gets that much more traffic to read it when you do have an issue.

However, I do expect that an occasional issue might arise that could be specific to the Business Edition. It also might make businesses and organizations feel they are recieving better support if they have their own section.

Just something to consider. I'd love to hear other thoughts on it.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: Should SolydK BE have its own support heading in forums

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 15 Jan 2014 07:45

I don't think organizations would look for support on a forum, but would prefer a professional support desk, and payed services. Usually an SLA (Service Level Agreement) is created for that purpose.

However, for consistency I've created the BE forum, and moved your topic there :)

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Fargo

Re: Should SolydK BE have its own support heading in forums

Postby Fargo » 15 Jan 2014 15:19

Schoelje wrote:I don't think organizations would look for support on a forum, but would prefer a professional support desk, and payed services. Usually an SLA (Service Level Agreement) is created for that purpose.

However, for consistency I've created the BE forum, and moved your topic there :)
Thats a very good point. I agree that larger organizations will want more direct direct support. But as you say, for consistancy its good to have a separate entry. If nothing else its another place to promote that SolydXK has a a LTS or business edition.

Return to “SolydK Business Edition”