Screen goes black and system locks

Questions specific to SolydK Business Edition
Fargo

Screen goes black and system locks

Postby Fargo » 27 Jan 2014 23:37

Since installing SolydK BE I've had a couple of occations where the screen goes black and the sytem is unresponsive. My Mepis install before never did this. So I don't think its a hardware issue. I can't find any way to reproduce the problem. Its rare but it sure is annoying. Each time I am forced to cold boot the machine. Keyboard and mouse are completely unresponsive. Any ideas?

zerozero

Re: Screen goes black and system locks

Postby zerozero » 28 Jan 2014 00:23

what kind of screensaver you have active? the most complex are also openGL demanding and i think i saw something similar (or at least the same kind of symptoms) in my system;
the option was to disable the screensaver (a plain one would also do it i believe)
bliss of ignorance

Fargo

Re: Screen goes black and system locks

Postby Fargo » 28 Jan 2014 03:23

I am just using a blank screen at the moment. I usually use the slide show option.

I first noticed it when I was changing some color themes and things. So I thought that rebooting between color schemes and desktop settings was the cure. But that doesn't seem to be it. As I think about it, I kind of think that each time it happened I may have been working in firefox or thunderbird. But it happens so rarely I can't quite pin it down to the cause.

Return to “SolydK Business Edition”