New BE isos

Questions specific to SolydK Business Edition
Fargo

New BE isos

Postby Fargo » 06 Feb 2014 01:02

I've noticed that my update manager still says I am using 2013.04.06. Is there a method that should be used to update my installed version to the latest iso.

Also, I was curious if we will see mention of the new BE isos on Distrowatch? Or is the change to minor to warrant an entry.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: New BE isos

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 06 Feb 2014 10:29

Fargo wrote:I've noticed that my update manager still says I am using 2013.04.06. Is there a method that should be used to update my installed version to the latest iso.
I'm working on a replacement for the UM, and development on the current UM has stopped. You can ignore the version number: that is for the home editions only. The business editions follow Debian stable, and do not receive any update packs.
Fargo wrote:Also, I was curious if we will see mention of the new BE isos on Distrowatch? Or is the change to minor to warrant an entry.
Unfortunately, Distrowatch ignores any new release of the business editions. I know the maintainers do see the blogs, because they pick up new iso's for the home editions in no time.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Fargo

Re: New BE isos

Postby Fargo » 06 Feb 2014 15:18

Schoelje wrote: I'm working on a replacement for the UM, and development on the current UM has stopped. You can ignore the version number: that is for the home editions only. The business editions follow Debian stable, and do not receive any update packs.
Thanks, I guess I knew that. I wasn't too worried about it. I guess I didn't know how the UP were different underneath. I kind of thought the UM info would change with iso changes. But not a big deal. The UM works well, but I am excited to see what you come up with for a replacement. I've been quite happy with the BE.
Schoelje wrote: Unfortunately, Distrowatch ignores any new release of the business editions. I know the maintainers do see the blogs, because they pick up new iso's for the home editions in no time.
Thats interesting. I wonder why. I can understand not making an entry in their table of release dates, but I would have thought it would at least warrant a comment by them. Afterall, something like ZevonOS gets recognition for each Neptune release. Oh well, the Business Edition seems to still have a growing user base. So people are finding it. As long as you and zerozero keep up the fine work, I don't really care too much if Distrowatch reports on it or not. Keep up the good work.

Return to “SolydK Business Edition”