How to install additional language and settings?

Questions specific to SolydK Business Edition
bksupport

How to install additional language and settings?

Postby bksupport » 13 Mar 2014 18:29

Hello all,

I have used English as the install language and now I want to use Dutch language for my users but there is only American English in the list of Available Languages.
The help-file talks about an add-languages button, if that would be there, but there is none.
I understand that it should be possible to install additional locales but I searched the forum and can not find how to do that.

I can go and try some things that I read here and there but I would like to make this system ready for use and not mess up something so I need to start over again.

So who can help please?
:)

Schoelje
Site Admin

Re: How to install additional language and settings?

Postby Schoelje » 14 Mar 2014 07:10

Oh, I know this one!

For SolydK
Open a terminal, and run this command:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install firefox-l10n-nl thunderbird-l10n-nl kde-l10n-nl libreoffice-l10n-nl libreoffice-help-nl myspell-nl
In System Settings > Locale: select Netherlands as country, and configure the spell checker. Do the same for LibreOffice: Tools > Options > Language Settings.

For SolydX

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install firefox-l10n-nl thunderbird-l10n-nl aspell-nl
I'm running SolydK now. So, I can't see where to set the locale. If you can't find it, let me know.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

bksupport

Re: How to install additional language and settings?

Postby bksupport » 14 Mar 2014 08:44

I did a new install yesterday ( I am getting quite fast with that by now :) ) and choose Dutch as the language.
After the install was done, I could choose US English for the administrator account, both English and Dutch were present in the list) but still some things are still in Dutch language, like the Updatemanager (Uw systeem is bijgewerkt :) ).

For now I am going to keep it and will try the commands you mentioned (thanks) if I have to do another re-install maybe.

Return to “SolydK Business Edition”