Can't do updates: Flash Plugin not found - Stalls

Questions specific to SolydK Business Edition
Deleted User 2764

Can't do updates: Flash Plugin not found - Stalls

Postby Deleted User 2764 » 11 Jun 2014 12:32

I'm trying to update SolydKBE. I've even run apt-get update --fix-missing in the terminal and then back to the UM and still getting this same problem. When it hits this, it won't continue with the installation so I can't get the newest stuff, including the new patched kernel. What do I do to fix it?

Here's the error:

Code: Select all

51 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 6,883 kB/164 MB of archives.
After this operation, 12.6 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Err http://packages.solydxk.com/business/ solydxk/main solydxk-flashplugin-11 amd64 11.2.202.359
  404  Not Found
Failed to fetch http://packages.solydxk.com/business/pool/main/s/solydxk-flashplugin-11/solydxk-flashplugin-11_11.2.202.359_amd64.deb  404  Not Found
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
Update: I resolved it by running the Synaptic Package Manager, searching "flashplugin" and removing the solydxk-flashplugin-11. Then I installed the flashplugin-nonfree. Then I closed that and restarted the Update Manager (UM) and tried the Install button again. Everything worked.

This bug needs fixing: Either solydxk-flashplug-11 needs to be removed from the lists or added to the BE repos.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: Can't do updates: Flash Plugin not found - Stalls

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 11 Jun 2014 14:08

It seems that Flash was updated correctly, but somehow the repository database was not. The package was updated, but the repository didn't save that information, and the old version remained. That's solved now.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Deleted User 2764

Postby Deleted User 2764 » 11 Jun 2014 14:25

Thanks! :) Should I uninstall the nonfree version and reinstall the SolydXK version or are they the same?

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 11 Jun 2014 14:39

They are not the same, but you can use either one of them.
Our version is automatically updated whenever a new version is available. Don't know about the other one.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Deleted User 2764

Postby Deleted User 2764 » 11 Jun 2014 17:00

Ok, I guess it's best security-wise to uninstall the nonfree and update with the solydxk version then. Thanks for the info.

kurotsugi

Postby kurotsugi » 11 Jun 2014 18:26

the other one is only a wrapper which will download whatever in adobe's server and install it to our system. AFAIK you need to check whether if there's new version of flash manually from terminal.

Return to “SolydK Business Edition”