Tryton - ERP - a complete business solution...

Questions specific to SolydK Back Office
Fargo

Tryton - ERP - a complete business solution...

Postby Fargo » 27 Feb 2015 01:57

While looking for a good bookkeeping and invoicing program I came across Tryton. (In the Software Manager of all places :o ) It is described in Wikipedia as: "Tryton is a three-tier high-level general purpose computer application platform on top of which is built an Enterprise resource planning (ERP) business solution through a set of Tryton modules."

More info can be found at trytons home page. http://www.tryton.org/ Here they give info on their modules:
Currently, the main modules available for Tryton cover the following fields of activity:

Accounting
Invoicing
Sale Management
Purchase Management
Analytic Accounting
Inventory Management
Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP)
Project Management
Lead and Opportunity Management

They establish a sane base and an easy to use abstraction of some of the key concepts for every business customisation.
I don't think it is quite the book keeping solution I was looking for, but I think it might be something of interest to others who are using back office. The best part is, its already in the repos and ready to go. At least its in the old SolydK BE repos. My guess is that its in the Jesse repos too.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: Tryton - ERP - a complete business solution...

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 27 Feb 2015 17:05

For reference, I'm looking into Odoo. It's not in the repos but it is a very complete ERP. It's free if there are not more than two users in your team that use Odoo.

https://www.odoo.com

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Fargo

Re: Tryton - ERP - a complete business solution...

Postby Fargo » 27 Feb 2015 19:16

I'm just not sold on the idea of doing my book keeping and things online. Financial data is too sensitive for me to do that.

Return to “SolydK Back Office”