Introduction

Questions specific to SolydK Back Office
Schoelje
Site Admin

Introduction

Postby Schoelje » 20 Jun 2013 12:35

I'm a business consultant by trade, and have many years of experience in governance and process optimization. I ran my own business before. So, you can also ask non-technical questions.

When you post here, tell something about your business or what you want to use SolydK BO for before you ask your question. That'll make the discussion a lot easier.

Requests
Post your requests here, and mention at least these:
  • Describe which business processes it supports.
  • Maintainer's site URL.
  • Your personal experience with the software.

Remember that it the software shouldn't be branch specific, but support general business processes.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

mkcev

Re: Introduction

Postby mkcev » 27 Jan 2015 18:29

Hi Schoelje,

I've worked as a business consultant as well. My main functions where/is to assist with outsourcing and manufacturing in different fields, but my passion has always been in technology.

For the past 2 years almost, I've been outsourcing and testing fair-production ODM/OEM laptops and desktops. The microsoft aftermarket is enormous. The virus market is enormous! While working with a tech support company, I was almost fired at one point for mentioning linux to their customer. Of course, I had to keep my mouth shut, but this went against my principals and inspired me even more. I may or may not a huge impact in the market immediately, but if I inspire and reach one user a day - Im happy.

I feel It's unfair to those without knowledge be exploited (in most cases, someone's grandparent is being financially exploited). Of course there's always the argument that those who are hungry hunt, but in a conformist world, I feel it's my calling to expand knowledge through opensource. It's the age of information after all.
Currently the computers are still being tested, but there will be a launch within 2 months time hopefully.

As for the distro - I love SolydXK and would love to implement it to specific models!

On every sale, funds will go to opensource projects and Solydxk (if you allow me to sell pre-installed Solydxk laptops).

There are two types of pcs I plan to sell. A simple super user-friendly os and the business version -- SolydK. Of course there'll need to be more investment on customer support and what not, but thats a whole other subject.

I hope to contribute as much as possible to the SolydXK project. Some people even think I make money out of linux/gnu because I talk about it so much. I say, this passion will continue to be my business' catalyst.

Thank you for all the time and dedication you've put into this. I just hope I'll be able to the same

thanks- MK

Fargo

Postby Fargo » 27 Jan 2015 19:32

Welcome to SolydXK. I'm sure Schoelje will respond shortly. I think he will find it an honor that you choose SolydXK for your OEM computer systems. As a SolydK user, I think you will also find you made a great choice and if you go forward with SolydXK, I think your customers will be happy as well.

Are you setup as an online store or do you have a brick and mortor store? Where are you located at. I think there will be lots of people interested in what you are doing.

Assuming that Schoelje will give you his blessing, you may want to see if you can get an OEM version of SolydXK going in the community section. I expect you will want your customer to be able to create their user account and setup their system when they first turn it on. So some minor changes may need to be made to the stock install setup.

This is a great community and I'm sure you will find people who will be willing to help you. Good luck with your endeavors.

Schoelje
Site Admin

Postby Schoelje » 28 Jan 2015 08:27

I'd be honored if you'd use SolydXK as a pre-installed OS on your systems. As a matter of fact, I've already started planning a business for myself and SolydXK will be a part of that.

I've started a topic on a OEM configuration application here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5244

Just send me a PM when you're ready to talk about an agreement.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Return to “SolydK Back Office”