Install Openastro

Questions about software.
GGerson

Install Openastro

Postby GGerson » 20 Jul 2019 13:13

Hello everyone, After a while I reinstalled SolydK and congratulated Arjen Balfoort and his team for their development and excellent stability.
I have a problem to make "Openastro" work, I followed all the steps from its page but it does not start, in other distributions where I have used it I have no problem, even with MX that its base is Debian, there it runs very well; but I can not get it to open in SolydK.
¿Any help or suggestion to make it work?
Thanks in advance.
Quien no teme preguntar... cada día aprende más. :clap:

ilu

Re: Install Openastro

Postby ilu » 20 Jul 2019 16:03

Not enough info.

There are a lot of packages to download - all for Ubuntu-based systems. Which one did you pick? If you pick the right one it might work but only if you are very lucky. If you are unlucky incompatible libraries will ruin your system.

Or did you use the generic instructions? Since it seems to be python the generic instructions should work. Check the dependencies and the path. And look for a way to start the program in debug mode to see in terminal whats going wrong.

If you did everything correctly asking the developer will probably your best bet.

GGerson

Postby GGerson » 12 Aug 2019 19:23

In other Debian-based distributions it is located in the repositories. Can I place those repositories in SolydK?
Quien no teme preguntar... cada día aprende más. :clap:

ilu

Postby ilu » 12 Aug 2019 20:34

Since this is written in Python you do not need to use a repository. The "Generic Linux Installation" is quite clear about the dependencies, that should work. If it doesn't work using a repository won't help either.

Possible cause for problems is the python version (3.4/5 vs. 3.6). But if you don't give us any information about your system and about the error messages we can't help.

MaxPayne

Discuss

Postby MaxPayne » 06 Sep 2019 10:10

Hi!

After a while I reinstalled SolydK and congratulated Arjen Balfoort and his team for their development and excellent stability.

I have a problem to make "Openastro" work, I followed all the steps from its page but it does not start, in other distributions where I have used it I have no problem, even with MX that its base is Debian, there it runs very well; but I can not get it to open in SolydK.
Any help or suggestion to make it work?

Thanks

ilu

Postby ilu » 06 Sep 2019 12:03

Please always give meaningful titles so we know what issue you want to discuss. Also we already have a thread regarding OpenAstro installation - I've moved your post. We did not find a solution because the thread opener did not give enough information.

Please have a look at the questions in my earlier postings and tell me exactly what you tried to do to install the program. Did you use the generic installation instructions?

Return to “Software”