Unison won't create profile [Solved]

Questions about software.
lilgman

Unison won't create profile [Solved]

Postby lilgman » 12 Oct 2013 08:18

Hi,

One of my must-have programs is Unison-gtk for keeping my files backed up and syncronized. I was very disappointed when I could not create a new profile. Unison-gtk would crash when I tried to choose the directories/paths to synchronize. From the terminal I learned the following:

Code: Select all

(unison-gtk:17949): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_model_filter_get_value: assertion `GTK_TREE_MODEL_FILTER (model)->priv->stamp == iter->stamp' failed

(unison-gtk:17949): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /tmp/buildd/glib2.0-2.36.4/./gobject/gtype.c:4239: type id `0' is invalid

(unison-gtk:17949): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: can't peek value table for type `<invalid>' which is not currently referenced
Segmentation fault
Google didn't help much about anything specific to Unison, but I eventually learned that this has something to do with gtk themes. I was using the oxygen-gtk theme. Changing themes seems to solve the problem. For example, Xfce-4.6 works. (Go to Menu -> Settings -> Appearance -> Style) Hope this helps other people. I gather from a crunch-bang forum (Sorry I don't have the link to it.) this may affect other programs like gedit. I believe this may be growing pains related to the shift from Gtk-2 to Gtk-3, but I don't know for sure.

belze

Re: Unison won't create profile [Solved]

Postby belze » 19 Oct 2015 16:22

using the UGLY Raleigh theme seems to work. WARNING: THIS IS VERY UGLY!!!!
-------

lilgman

Re: Unison won't create profile [Solved]

Postby lilgman » 19 Oct 2015 18:49

Thanks @belze. I should mention that this problem was eventually fixed and oxygen (and any other themes that I have tried recently) seem to work fine with Unison-gtk. It was problem with how Unison interacted with gtk3 that seems to have been solved.

Return to “Software”