The souceforge site had a link to install the latest version. It has a file called pminstaller but it installed 24.4.2 on my system and says it is the latest version.
Should I just download the tar file and extract to the palemoon install folder?
First, you can follow the wiki
http://sourceforge.net/p/pm4linux/wiki/ ... tallation/
I usually do these steps
1. download the pminstaller
2. cd to the directory that has pminstaller
3. untar with
tar -xvf <filename of the installer>
4. you will see two files, one Readme, another the pminstaller.sh
5. change to root
6. execute ./pminstaller.sh , then choose to install
7. when it asked you the version to install, type in the latest, which is 24.6.0
8. when it completes, close the installer's windows, and find the PM icon in 'Internet'.