Ghostscript still seems to produce .ps files for me...mhwelsh wrote:... Ghostscript (stable) received a security update and it no longer produces .ps files.
- Open file "tux.jpg" with Shutter
- Print to file "tux.ps" selecting Postscript button
- Open file "tux.ps" with Evince
- Save screenshot "tux.png"
Evince also opens example Ghostscript (.eps) files for me...mhwelsh wrote:I have been having trouble with evince trying to display .ps and .pdf files as you have clearly described.
- Install ghostscript-doc
- Goto /usr/share/doc/ghostscript/examples/tiger.eps.gz
- Extract file "tiger.eps"
- Open file "tiger.eps" with Evince
- Save screenshot "Tiger.png"
Are any other users experiencing problems?
Code: Select all
ghostscript: 9.06~dfsg-2+deb8u4 evince: 3.14.1-2+deb8u1 imagemagick: 8:126.96.36.199-5+deb8u5 enscript: (none)