Postby just » 03 Feb 2015 13:53

glad to make you smile.

the latest ddm? it's a success!

1. starting; the card is not pre-selected

2. running; the card is check-marked by me

3. warning, finally! i was always missing it in all previous DDMs

4. finished

5. installed
caution: never launch nvidia-xconfig, if you don't know how to start it correctly on optimus. otherwise, on Quit with Saving Settings the bumblebee-nvidia config will be destroyed.

to answer your next question - yes, it runs exactly the same way on another nvidia-optimus computer. just immagine 555M in place of 750M in all these slides - this is how DDM runs on the box with NVIDIA GT 555M.

thank you, Schoelje.
Attachments
ddm-log.tar.gz
ddm.log - successfull installation on NVIDIA GT 750M
(3.13 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: Device Driver Manager (DDM) - help needed [upd:22-12-14]

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 03 Feb 2015 14:24

Cool!
I'll upload this version to the repository asap.

Thank you all for helping me out!

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

FinnFann

Postby FinnFann » 03 Feb 2015 19:47

Schoelje wrote:Cool!
I'll upload this version to the repository asap.

Thank you all for helping me out!
Once it's uploaded I'll pop onto my testing install and give it a trial by fire on my two systems. DDM saw them fine so it should work but you never know ;P
ImageLemonade

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 03 Feb 2015 19:51

It's already in the repository (and mirrored by NLUUG).

SolydXK needs you!

FinnFann

Postby FinnFann » 03 Feb 2015 21:16

Schoelje wrote:It's already in the repository (and mirrored by NLUUG).
Roger that. Gave them a spin and the Nvidia driver installed perfectly on both my 660ti and 460m machines, and remained checked off in DDM once installed. Still going to be using sgfxi as a newer driver has some features I need to run a windows app at full speed in Crossover, but the driver installed via DDM on my test installs saw the correct glxgears speeds with vsync turned off.

TLDR;
My machines be good, good work.
ImageLemonade

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 03 Feb 2015 21:27

Please attach the log files of both machines: /var/log/ddm.log
Compress or rename to .txt before attaching.

SolydXK needs you!

FinnFann

Postby FinnFann » 03 Feb 2015 21:30

Schoelje wrote:Please attach the log files of both machines: /var/log/ddm.log
Compress or rename to .txt before attaching.
Want me to clean the logs and re run before sending or are you okay with them as they are? I never deleted them after I attached them the first time without installing.
ImageLemonade

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 03 Feb 2015 21:34

Best would be the ones you have now. They will have the installation and after the installation logged.

SolydXK needs you!

FinnFann

Postby FinnFann » 03 Feb 2015 21:41

Schoelje wrote:Best would be the ones you have now. They will have the installation and after the installation logged.
Here you are. I'll upload the laptop's in another post.
Attachments
DigitalStormBolt_Logs_Nvidia660ti.zip
(7.54 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
ImageLemonade

FinnFann

Postby FinnFann » 03 Feb 2015 21:44

Schoelje wrote:Best would be the ones you have now. They will have the installation and after the installation logged.
Here are the laptop's logs.
Attachments
AsusG73SW_Logs_Nvidia460m.zip
(7.1 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
ImageLemonade

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 03 Feb 2015 22:04

As far as I can see, I cannot see why the card isn't selected after reboot: I see in the Xorg.0.log that nvidia is loaded and ddm.log verifies that. Code states that when nvidia is loaded in Xorg log file, it should select the card in DDM.

I'll check it out later this week.

SolydXK needs you!

palimmo

Postby palimmo » 03 Feb 2015 22:16

Success here as well.
The nvidia drivers are installed and the flag in DDM is present correctly. ;)
Proud user of SolydK!

Dai diamanti non nasce niente, dal letame nascono i fior. http://aquilone.wordpress.com/

FinnFann

Postby FinnFann » 03 Feb 2015 22:19

Schoelje wrote:As far as I can see, I cannot see why the card isn't selected after reboot: I see in the Xorg.0.log that nvidia is loaded and ddm.log verifies that. Code states that when nvidia is loaded in Xorg log file, it should select the card in DDM.

I'll check it out later this week.
Works on my end so I hope you're not referring to my posts X3
The new DDM worked fine and correctly on both my systems.

I only use SGFXI instead because Crossover Linux needs some features from Nvidia 346+ in order to run world of tanks smoothly.

Go get yourself some rest.
ImageLemonade

dirigible

Postby dirigible » 07 Feb 2015 23:11

Following up on my previous post.
DDM starts with the box in the install column pre ticked.
New-Look-DDM.jpeg
New-Look-DDM.jpeg (29.35 KiB) Viewed 6298 times
Clicking [Install] had no effect.
Does the pre ticked box mean it's already there?
Terminal

Code: Select all

rob@robs-desktop-pc ~ $ ddm
Create list store eval string: Gtk.ListStore(bool, GdkPixbuf.Pixbuf, str, int, int)
First item is column name (multi-column list): Install
First item is column name (multi-column list): 
First item is column name (multi-column list): Device
Create column names: ['Install', '', 'Device']
First item is column name: skip first item
Create column: Gtk.TreeViewColumn("Install", Gtk.CellRendererToggle(), active=0)
Column added: Install
Create column: Gtk.TreeViewColumn("", Gtk.CellRendererPixbuf(), pixbuf=1)
Column added: 
Create column: Gtk.TreeViewColumn("Device", Gtk.CellRendererText(), text=2, weight=3, size=4)
Column added: Device
rob@robs-desktop-pc ~ $ 

ddm.log

get_lspci_info                DEBUG     lspci output = ['01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GTX 650] [10de:0fc6] (rev a1)']
get_nvidia                    DEBUG     Device(s): [['NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GTX 650]', '10de', '0fc6']]
get_nvidia                    DEBUG     Loaded graphical driver: nvidia
get_nvidia                    DEBUG     Nvidia device found: NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GTX 650]
get_nvidia                    DEBUG     Nvidia driver to use: nvidia-driver
get_lspci_info                DEBUG     lspci output = ['']
get_pae                       DEBUG     PAE check: machine=x86_64 / release=3.16.0-4-amd64
on_btnSave_clicked            DEBUG     Device = NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GTX 650] in Device
on_btnSave_clicked            DEBUG     Device = NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GTX 650] in NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GTX 650]
on_btnSave_clicked            DEBUG     no change: NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GTX 650] (10de)
get_lspci_info                DEBUG     lspci output = ['01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GTX 650] [10de:0fc6] (rev a1)']
get_nvidia                    DEBUG     Device(s): [['NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GTX 650]', '10de', '0fc6']]
get_nvidia                    DEBUG     Nvidia device found: NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GTX 650]
get_pae                       DEBUG     PAE check: machine=x86_64 / release=3.16.0-4-amd64
on_btnSave_clicked            DEBUG     Device = NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GTX 650] in Device
on_btnSave_clicked            DEBUG     Device = NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GTX 650] in NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GTX 650]
on_btnSave_clicked            DEBUG     no change: NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GTX 650] (10de)
SolydK 64bit Home Edition.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 08 Feb 2015 07:38

Yes, the Nvidia driver was already loaded. Hence, the checked check box:

Loaded graphical driver: nvidia

SolydXK needs you!

stelios

Postby stelios » 17 Feb 2015 10:28

I have an AMD Bonaire XTX [Radeon R7 260X]

Graphics:  Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Bonaire XTX [Radeon R7 260X]
           Display Server: X.Org 1.16.2.901 drivers: ati,radeon (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
           Resolution: 1280x1024@60.02hz
           GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD BONAIRE GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.3.2
When i run DDM, i get the following message:
There are no available drivers for your hardware:

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Bonaire XTX [Radeon R7 260X]
ddm.log

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Bonaire XTX [Radeon R7 260X]
get_lspci_info                DEBUG     lspci output = ['01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Bonaire XTX [Radeon R7 260X] [1002:6658]']
get_ati                       DEBUG     Device(s): [['Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Bonaire XTX [Radeon R7 260X]', '1002', '6658']]
get_ati                       DEBUG     Loaded graphical driver: radeon
get_ati                       DEBUG     ATI device found: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Bonaire XTX [Radeon R7 260X]
fill_treeview_ddm             DEBUG     There are no available drivers for your hardware:
According to this link http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-article ... Notes.aspx this card is supported by Catalyst 14.9 which is the version available right now in the repositories.

The card works just fine with open source drivers (VPDAU, hardware acceleration etc.) and I do not intend to install the Catalyst driver at all. I use strictly the open source driver for more than two years now. I just report it for debugging

just

Postby just » 20 Feb 2015 03:56

just a brief note, while testing the recovery script from nvidia-bumblebee damages.

DDM 2.0.3 behaves differently on SolydK64 2015.02 Stable and SolydK64 2015.02.17 Nightly, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M Optimus card. On both systems it is launched from menu. the difference is in its very first launch.

on Stable, it freezes the system, as happened initially, time ago. after hardware power-off and power-on, on the second launch, it doesn't freeze the computer anymore, works correctly, and installs bumblebee.

on Nightly, it doesn't happen. the very first DDM's launch doesn't freeze the computer, works correctly, installs bumblebee.

the final result on both systems is OK - nvidia-optimus is configured and runs correctly.

just

Postby just » 27 May 2015 09:05

I'm afraid that one old problem is back again in DDM 2.1.0. It was already solved once, and was not present in many DDM releases, starting the 2.0.3. For the first time I note it again in 2.1.0.

I'm speaking about a total computer freeze while running DDM 2.1.0. The problem is discussed earlier in many posts in this thread.

I'm using two computers for Bumblebee and DDM tests. They have different Nvidia-Optimus cards.

On the first computer DDM, launched either from terminal or from menu, starts, proceeds, terminates normally. It installs Bumblebee-Nvidia proprietary drivers, which work perfectly after reboot.

On the second computer DDM behaves in the same correct way only when launched from terminal. Bumblebee works perfectly after reboot.

When launched from menu, it opens and correctly detects the video card. After checking the Install checkbox (on the left) and clicking the Install button (bottom-right) it starts working, its progress bar moves right-left for about 5 seconds... Then the computer gets completely locked.

No window can be opened, no other tty may be selected, no reaction to kill-X-server key combo, no reaction to anything. Even Ctrl+Alt+SysRq R-E-I-S-U-B can't kill it. Only power off button shuts it down.

The situation is absolutely identical to what was happening in the past. On the first computer, where DDM has never caused a problem, it continues to work from menu. On the second computer, where it freezed the system when launched from menu, it is now turned back to freeze it again.

There were no hardware changes on both computers. I can't detect the reason of the problem. Probably the second computer has some weird hardware config.

It happens with SolydK64-20150512 fully and regularly updated nightly build and DDM 2.1.0.

PS. For me this is not a problem at all, as I usually install Bumblebee by hand, without DDM.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 27 May 2015 09:12

It can be caused by a Python update because I haven't changed code in a long while, only updated translations.

What is the output if you run ddm from terminal (on the system that freezes)?

Can you find something odd in /var/log/ddm.log?

SolydXK needs you!

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 27 May 2015 09:36

I have some old versions in the dev directory, do they have the same problem?
http://downloads.solydxk.nl/dev/

SolydXK needs you!

Return to “Software”