respin etc

Here is the place were the team and the community projects meet together. Help us to develop SolydXK projects or contribute your ideas for future releases.
pastor3141

respin etc

Postby pastor3141 » 24 May 2017 10:03

I have been re-spinning debian for about 7 years and have my own community of users.
I find yours is smoother in its behaviour than straight debian and saves me from mostly patching the boot, pulse, and systemd files.
It also saves me from the dreaded dist upgrade.
So I started again with your distro to get my spin. Many thanks for the excellent work. Like many gtreat things it just looks easy, I know it was not.
I use respin and its installer in combination with unetbootin and multibootusb for a sub-menu that covers remastering and distribution.
Why not add it, its very easy to do. Works as long as you start with kernel 3.16 when making a iso and select failsafe when booting it.
Most remastering software was not written to use the overlay mode of kernel 4.9 but the aufs of kernel 3.16
Your distro handles dual kernel boots very well.
Thank you again for making my life easier.

ilu

Re: respin etc

Postby ilu » 24 May 2017 11:59

Hi and welcome to our forums! Would you mind to post a link to your project/communit?

pastor3141

Postby pastor3141 » 25 May 2017 08:26

its a local thing. I just support people in my neighbourhood including free visits for support as needed(rare)
Some of them wont use any computer system except mine.
Want a live-iso to play with?
I can easily drop-box you the software I used and my notes on solydx which is smaller.
Love to help though.
the way my system works is qt4-fsarchiver for a live backup to usb partition 2
My system creates its own installable iso which I burn to a usb partition 1, but doing a qt4-fsrarchiver restore using the live-usb takes about 90 seconds.
I have a one-click icon to install grub to the new disk and gparted if required.
Complete system, very fast. complete clone.

pastor3141

Postby pastor3141 » 09 Jun 2017 08:54

just tried refractA and it worked without complications.
I edited nearly all the files and produced a prompt-less shell file that does exactly what I want.
One click and a ten minute wait = live usb or cd.
Latest version from sourceforge. version 10.
version 9 is no good

Return to “Suggestions & ideas / Open Projects”