Improve on-line privacy of users - Firefox add-ons poll

Here is the place were the team and the community projects meet together. Help us to develop SolydXK projects or contribute your ideas for future releases.

Which add-ons would you include to improve security/privacy in Firefox?

Block Ads and Trackers with "uBlock Origin"
34%
Stop Tracking with "Privacy Badger"
19%
Automatically Delete Cookies with "Cookie AutoDelete"
6%
Encryption with "HTTPS Everywhere"
25%
Block Content Delivery Networks with "Decentraleyes"
No votes
Prevent Canvas-Fingerprinting with "CanvasBlocker"
16%

Total votes: 32

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Improve on-line privacy of users - Firefox add-ons poll

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 01 Feb 2018 07:52

In the topic "Improve on-line privacy of users" kurotsugi suggested to make a poll about which security and privacy add-ons to include for Firefox.

Currently uBlock Origin is included. The package that is being used to maintain settings and add-ons for Firefox (firefox-solydxk-adjustments) provides these settings and add-ons for new users only. The configuration of existing users is not changed.

In this poll you may choose from a list of well-known add-ons that do not need (or very little) user configuration to function. This is the reason why I left out NoScript Security Suite.

Add-on pages Note: if you want to keep it just the way it is, just select uBlock Origin.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: Improve on-line privacy of users - Firefox add-ons poll

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 01 Feb 2018 15:22

I just found out that Cookie AutoDelete and Decentraleyes need FF56 or higher while our ESR version is 52.
So, as long as ESR is not the correct version for those add-ons I can probably include them in the package but they will be disabled for FF ESR 52.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

kurotsugi

Postby kurotsugi » 01 Feb 2018 15:42

done :3

grizzler

Postby grizzler » 01 Feb 2018 17:23

Done as well. I skipped three. I'm not sure Privacy Badger adds much over uBlock Origin (not sure in the sense I didn't actually check, but seem to remember reading somewhere that uBO already covers it), I prefer to manage cookies myself and blocking CDNs would (probably?) also block CloudFlare, which might not be the best idea...
Frank

SolydX EE 64 - tracking Debian Testing

tek10

Postby tek10 » 02 Feb 2018 04:07

While there's overlap in the function of Privacy Badger and uBlock Origin they work different enough to complement each other. Privacy Badger "learns" and improves with use without requiring custom configuration or settings, making it especially good for less knowledgeable users. I think that makes it a good selection for inclusion, in addition to uBlock.

Return to “Suggestions & ideas / Open Projects”