Using Live-Installer-3 for a Custom Debian Live Environemnt

Here is the place were the team and the community projects meet together. Help us to develop SolydXK projects or contribute your ideas for future releases.
subhaniminhas

Using Live-Installer-3 for a Custom Debian Live Environemnt

Postby subhaniminhas » 24 Jul 2018 09:32

Hello, 1st of all a truly respectful salute for creating such a beautiful rolling release distro. I am a distro hopper, and usually do not stick to a distribution easily. However after finding SoludXK, i am hooked.

I am trying to create a truly minimal custom debian live cd by using instructions given in this tutorial:
https://willhaley.com/blog/custom-debia ... vironment/

However, there is no installer in this solution. I wanted to use live-installer-3 , so i added it to custom iso by adding solydxk to its sources.list

deb https://repository.solydxk.com solydxk-9 main upstream import

Now i can install the live installer by simply running
sudo apt-get install live-installer-3
However i have no idea after that, how to successfully run and configure live-installer from scratch, and how to remove it after that.
Any help / guide is appreciated.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work. I am surprised how a single developer is able to maintain a full distro successfully.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: Using Live-Installer-3 for a Custom Debian Live Environemnt

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 24 Jul 2018 11:04

As I'm the only developer I never took the time to develop or test the installer on anything but SolydXK. So, I seriously doubt that it would function on your distribution.

You can, however, use solydxk-constructor to create a custom SolydXK ISO or help developing the live installer: https://github.com/SolydXK/live-installer-3

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

subhaniminhas

Postby subhaniminhas » 24 Jul 2018 11:44

If you can kindly point to the steps required to run/configure live installer 3 in solydxk itself. Since both are debian based, hence I am sue, with effort I will be able to do it myself.
Thanks in advance.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 24 Jul 2018 12:30

There are no setup instructions for the installer on a non-SolydXK system. I recommend you check the live boot section of a SolydXK ISO. You can unpack an ISO with the constructor I mentioned above.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

kurotsugi

Postby kurotsugi » 24 Jul 2018 21:49

the live installer itself isn't used to create the custom livecd. you'll need to install solydxk-constructor and customize the cd from it.

subhaniminhas

Postby subhaniminhas » 25 Jul 2018 05:23

I am not trying to create live CD using the installer, I am trying to use live installer 3 to install a custom debian live CD to HDD.
Trying to reuse installer for another distro, I.e.Debian live. But since there are no instructions on how to configure it for Solydxk during the development /installation to solydxk cd during build process , hence most probably it can't be reused as well.

Return to “Suggestions & ideas / Open Projects”