I'm back!

New to SolydXK? This is the place to say "Hello"
Zero Angel

I'm back!

Postby Zero Angel » 01 Oct 2017 02:41

Came back from Manjaro. I've got to say i've missed this distro greatly, if you don't count the Wifi issues I had upon installing SolydK 9, everything just works reliably.

Feels like i'm home again.

Welp. Back to having month long uptimes. :)

palimmo

Re: I'm back!

Postby palimmo » 01 Oct 2017 09:03

nice to see you again!
Proud user of SolydK!

Dai diamanti non nasce niente, dal letame nascono i fior. http://aquilone.wordpress.com/

bas_otten

Postby bas_otten » 01 Oct 2017 11:57

Welcome back ;)

SolydForEver

Postby SolydForEver » 01 Oct 2017 20:11

Zero Angel wrote:Came back from Manjaro.

Question: Why?
I have used SolydK for quite some time but then moved to Manjaro which I use for a year now. I just wonder what made you decide to go back? Not that there is anything wrong with it, just being curious.

Zero Angel

Postby Zero Angel » 02 Oct 2017 18:28

SolydForEver wrote:
Zero Angel wrote:Came back from Manjaro.

Question: Why?
I have used SolydK for quite some time but then moved to Manjaro which I use for a year now. I just wonder what made you decide to go back? Not that there is anything wrong with it, just being curious.

I had all sorts of minor little problems and glitches with it. Things like my wifi taking an entire minute to establish a connection, periodic system lockups, having some (large) folders taking 20 seconds to start loading, frequent display flickering and screen draw problems using the nvidia drivers, inability to use kdesudo for graphical apps.

The most problems i've had on SolydK previously were memory/cpu utilization problems usually caused by firefox or flash, and occasionally having to kill/restart plasma due to the same issues.

SolydForEver

Postby SolydForEver » 03 Oct 2017 12:03

Just read your answer and I wonder what was wrong with your Manjaro setup that caused all these problems. I have 3 computers here which use it and there is nothing that doesn't work, or as in your case, minor problems and/or glitches. Things just work for me.
Have you tried the forum to solve these problems?

Doesn't matter now, you have returned to another great distro and I hope you found what you were looking for.

Return to “Introduce yourself”