Hello from Steve in Canada ...

New to SolydXK? This is the place to say "Hello"
stevendupuis

Hello from Steve in Canada ...

Postby stevendupuis » 01 Nov 2014 19:48

Hi folks ..
This is not my first try with SolydXK - I've been using it via VMs for quite a while now. This is a first install for me on its own hardware ...
I've loaded up 35-40 different VMs - different baselines, different desktops etc to try them out to see which ones make it to the top of the pile, and SolydX has definitely made my life easier already. I've installed it on an old Dell GX270 - 1gb ram, 80gb + 320gb disk drives alongside Windows XP. The install was flawless, including the grub dual-boot configuration. I didn't have to rescue WinXP from a ganked boot loader!
I intend to use this pc for torrent seeding with Linux and running XP to access my wireless printer and Samsung tablet configuration. I'm experimenting with Linux trying different things to access these items. When I get them configured I won't have to boot XP except for peculiar Windows things.

The online documentation at SolydXK is excellent - the distro's web sites were one of my knockout criteria for picking distros. I run Arch Linux on a Dell Server and Xubuntu on an Acer desktop and Asus laptop.

Looking forward to using SolydX on a regular basis.
Regards,
Steve Dupuis
Ottawa, Canada

rokytnji

Re: Hello from Steve in Canada ...

Postby rokytnji » 01 Nov 2014 19:50

Howdy and Welcome Steve.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 01 Nov 2014 22:12

Hi Steve, and welcome to our forum!
Glad to hear you like SolydXK and I hope you're going to enjoy your stay here.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

duped

Postby duped » 04 Nov 2014 17:44

Welcome Steve. Me too, I settled on solydk-be last winter and I am really happy with it and do not see reasons to change now while before I was never quite satisfied with my distro

Return to “Introduce yourself”