Hello and Thank You!!!!!

New to SolydXK? This is the place to say "Hello"
peterbilt

Hello and Thank You!!!!!

Postby peterbilt » 07 Dec 2014 23:01

I just wanted to say thank you for an excellent distribution and for using a non pae kernel. I have been dabbling in linux since 2012 with Ubuntu but have been looking for something more appealing. Also looking for a semi-rolling release to keep from having to pave and nuke and reinstall. Ubuntu 10.10 to 11.04 to 11.10 to 12.04 and ended there. Tried Linux lite, Zorin, PCLinux, but all had pae kernels and would not load on a pentium M laptop. Found a post for SolydXK and loaded the K version and voila' it just worked. Have Solyd K on 3 laptops (2 pentium M's and a dual core) and my trusty rebuilt pentium4 desktop with no problems (since Sept. 2013). Sorry to hear about Schoelje and ZeroZero, wish you both well. Thank you also to those who are keeping up the work and please keep the 32-bit version around for a while.I hope to continue using this fine distro. Last but not least, a big thank you to the SolydXK community and forums without whose help I would be lost. :)

rokytnji

Re: Hello and Thank You!!!!!

Postby rokytnji » 08 Dec 2014 18:33

Howdy and Welcome.

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: Hello and Thank You!!!!!

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 09 Dec 2014 06:24

Hi peterbilt, and welcome to our forum!
Although I've stopped maintaining the 32-bit versions, the community is giving it a try to pick up where I've left. You can check this topic to see how it goes: http://forums.solydxk.nl/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=5103

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Return to “Introduce yourself”