Sorry I never introduced myself ...

New to SolydXK? This is the place to say "Hello"
ilu

Sorry I never introduced myself ...

Postby ilu » 21 Apr 2015 09:44

I don't like writing about myself on the internet if it's not strictly necessary for the topic and that's why I never bothered to look at this section. I just realized that this might have been considered unpolite. That was never my intension.

So I'm still not writing anything about myself ;-) but I'm posting a "hello" to everyone and another "thank you" to those who have already generously helped me!

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: Sorry I never introduced myself ...

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 21 Apr 2015 11:07

Hi ilu, it's okay, a simple hello is also very much appreciated.
I'm glad you are happy with the support you already got here and I hope you're going to enjoy your stay in the future.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Zill

Postby Zill » 21 Apr 2015 17:40

ilu: The main advantage of the "Introductions" section is, IMHO, to help us all gauge how to best respond to requests for help. An absolute newbie to Linux will need a different kind of answer (with far more detail) than a grizzled old timer who has been running Slackware since 1994. ;-)

It also helps us to know the kind of hardware a user is running and, ideally, what kind of tasks they expect to use their Linux system(s) for. Similarly, general location is useful as some parts of the world can have more problems with internet connectivity than others.

All this profile info simply helps provide better support. We really don't want info for any malicious intent and so, I suggest, you are quite right in never providing any personal information on an online forum that could be used in this way.

So, thanks for the (belated!) "hello" and all I can add is "welcome to the forums"... :-)

ane champenois

Postby ane champenois » 19 May 2015 21:04

ilu wrote:I don't like writing about myself on the internet if it's not strictly necessary for the topic and that's why I never bothered to look at this section. I just realized that this might have been considered unpolite. That was never my intension.
So...Hello ilu ;) Sorry for being late to your presentation. :oops:
So I'm still not writing anything about myself ;-) but I'm posting a "hello" to everyone and another "thank you" to those who have already generously helped me!
And I can say Thank you too for the help you provide across this forum. :ugeek:
They did not know it was impossible so they did it.

Return to “Introduce yourself”