Hello all

New to SolydXK? This is the place to say "Hello"
JGH

Hello all

Postby JGH » 04 Feb 2017 03:04

Hi, I'm new to the forum, so just wanted to say hello. My name is John, and I'm from Brighton & Hove in the UK. I have installed SolydX on both my desktop and laptop computers.

Although I run several operating systems on my desktop, including a nasty one from Redmond, SolydX is the one I boot into by default, and I'm really pleased with it :D .

I'm certainly no expert when it comes to Linux, but I'm enjoying the learning curve - trial and error (predominantly the latter!).

I just want to say a big thank you to Arjen and the team for giving us such an excellent distribution to enjoy :clap: .

I hope to check in and see what's going on in here from time to time.

Regards,
John

palimmo

Re: Hello all

Postby palimmo » 04 Feb 2017 09:38

welcome!
Proud user of SolydK!

Dai diamanti non nasce niente, dal letame nascono i fior. http://aquilone.wordpress.com/

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 04 Feb 2017 09:54

Hi John,

Welcome to our forum!

Whenever you encounter problems with your system, don't hesitate to check in here. We're a friendly group of people and like you we're also still learning. That's big part of the fun, really!

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

xendistar

Postby xendistar » 04 Feb 2017 23:16

Welcome John, I am just down the road from you in Bournemouth. You have chosen a fine Linux operating system, SolydXK is by far the best distro I have used in some 19 years of Linux usage (I just checked and surprised myself how long I have been using it). Don't worry about that other operating system, it keeps lots of people employed ;) As Schoelje says there is a good group of members here who will offer you advise on how to resolve your issues.

Crewp

Postby Crewp » 05 Feb 2017 00:46

Welcome, and enjoy.

Return to “Introduce yourself”